Capital One live account, but reclaiming charges Question

macca73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I currently have a capital one account. My balance is currently at it's limit (£1000), but I know that around £250 of this is charges.

My question is, if I am to go down the 're-claim my charges' route, will Capital One get shirty and want to close the account, thus leaving me around £750 to pay off immediatly?

I want to keep the account with them, but just want my charges back. Also, is it all charges I can get back or just the charge for late payment?

Any help appreciated

Many thanks

I'm sorry, reading it back I think I confused myself :confused:

Basically, my credit card account with Cap One I still use on a fairly frequent basis. But have looked back over the last couple of years and I have accrued around £240 in charges relating to overlimit charges and late payments.

The thing is, I want to pursue claiming the charges back, but am worried that if I do, Cap One will want all of the money outstanding on the card back. I want to find out if this is going to be the likely action from Cap One should I make a claim for charges.

I hope this makes a little more sense ;)

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Basically, my credit card account with Cap One I still use on a fairly frequent basis. But have looked back over the last couple of years and I have accrued around £240 in charges relating to overlimit charges and late payments.

The thing is, I want to pursue claiming the charges back, but am worried that if I do, Cap One will want all of the money outstanding on the card back. I want to find out if this is going to be the likely action from Cap One should I make a claim for charges.

Thanks

Hi Macca,

I am in the same position as you - But my outstanding balance is over £2000:eek::eek::eek:!!

I too would like to start a claim against Cap1, but at the same time afarid they will demand monies owing - or worse cancel my credit card:(

Have you made any decisions on what to do?

Hi Macca,

I am in the same position as you - But my outstanding balance is over £2000:eek::eek::eek:!!

I too would like to start a claim against Cap1, but at the same time afarid they will demand monies owing - or worse cancel my credit card:(

Have you made any decisions on what to do?

I've had total success reclaiming from Cap 1 .... do not worry ... claim away & ask away any questions you may have.

Go for it!!

Thanks

Too right!! ..claim it all back + interest. I did, no probs! ... just stick to the format & you can't go wrong