Vodafone changed contract

MrFury
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I signed up for a 18 month contract. After 8 months they called me and offered a £25 discount if i agree to extend my contract. i decline as i still had 10 months left. They went ahead anyway and discounted my bill by £25. i rang up to complain, as i was shocked they had done this and they took the money back within a month of two. When the contract came to the last 2 months i rang to lower the tarif to smallest and sent a letter giving them more than the required 30 days notice to end the contract. they are now trying to force me to pay for a extra 6 months i never agreed to.

I have written to them showing statements of the original contract and they seem to ignore a lot of what i say. they have also had a debt collection agency write 2 letters to my asking to pay an extra 180 pounds for 6 months at 20 a month on the lower tarif.

I dont berlieve a company can use debt collection when a bill is in dispute. Is this legal? Secondly surely they cant enforce a contract extension on me, are they crazy? how do you deal with them when they ignore your letters and bankstatments - i did make it very clear i did not authorise any extension, but they are trying to enforce this on me.

Any ideas in how to deal with them, surely this is basically fraud?

Has no one else had issues with a Vodafone trying to force a contract extension?

This seems to be really scraping the bottom of the barrel in desperation to [edited] money from me.

I have a pile letters with different amount of money a different stories trying to charge me full price 50 a month after they agreed to lower tariff to 20 a month, then after I asked for a correct bill. I hear nothing for 3 months.

Then I get these demands for a non existent 6 month extension months down the line...

Also they cut the phone off while I was still on contract (before the 18 month term expired) as I refused to pay 50 instead of the agreed 20 lower tariff on the last month of contract which they agreed to.

Any advice as they have gone from saying I owe 100 for 2 months at 50 (instead of 70) I sent them a cheque for 65 as they cut services off with at least 8 days left on term so I deducted a week from 20 to 15 they cashed the 65 cheque.

Which I sent as settlement of the account.

Now they are trying to charge me for an extra 6 months

ha ha ha

I have letters from Cap quest debt recovery LBA threatening court action now, can you believe their cheek.

I don’t owe them anything.

Any one know how to deal with them maybe I have been writing to the wrong dept.

Edited by jonni2bad

I took contract nov 06 i gave notice to end contract in april 08, may was end 18 month agreement.

i then asked if i could lower it for last month as i wasnt using it anymore and they agreed to drop it to 20 effective immediate no tie ins. this extension they tried to sell to me the previous august as i explain above.

Does anyone know the best address to write to as I have seen different address on here and the letters I have received.

I have a final letter of complaint with all copies of correspondence, and then I will use the follow ofcom and the ADR if this doesn’t resolve it.

I have seen 2 address on here ?

The Directors Office,

Vodafone UK Limited,

Vodafone House,

The Connection,

Newbury,

Berkshire,

RG14 2FN

or

Vodafone Disconnection Department

Vodafone Ltd

PO Box 549

Banbury

OX17 3ZJ

• 2 weeks later...

Its been 2 weeks now and i haven't heard a thing from vodafone head office.

I also used the template letter to send to the cap quest , as i received a third letter threating action, this time it was from a H L Legal in assoc with Samson & co.

This template letter worked and i got a good response, saying the account is placed on hold whilst they investigate this matter.

That is a great letter about proving the debt and when its in dispute.

Its in the sticky section above.

So I am Still wait to hear from vodafone head office, i will update the forum when i get a response, the letter was sent recorded delivery.

Edited by MrFury
grammer

• 1 month later...

Update

I had a letter from capquest on 03/10/08 stating account was on hold until 16/10/08 whilst they investigate This is based on the std letter asking them to prove any money owed in previous post and seems to have done the trick as i have not heard from them since. it is now 11/11/08. i still haven't heard from head office whom i sent copies of all correspondence too at the same time with a formal complaint.

I will update if anything else happens

Thanks to all who have helped