www.SeasonsHolidays.com - Anyone heard of them?

TMAngel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick question - [problem] or not, why would anyone buy into one of these anyway?

You are restricting yourselves beyond belief regarding holidayslink3.gif - and a 55 YEARS CONTRACT????? - not a chance!

Ill keep my money in my pocket thanks - and go where I choose to go, not some poxy Welsh glorified campsite and the British weather!!

lol you can go anywhere in the world at anytime, cheaper and classier than any other holiday. soooooooooooo restrictive NOT!!!!!!!!!

As for Sweets on the move......................keep movin along pal, if you dont have the money to join this holiday system dont knock those of us that have, i joined and i love it

oh just read Sweets profile, a self employed market trader eh, well you should know all there is to know about welsh campsites i guess lol

Im not advocating anyone to join anything, im just happy with what i have, know from 10 years experience that this Company are solid and provide great holidays, least they did for me and my family and just about everyone i met at a Seasons resort, check out their website at ** commercial link removed ** or dont, just dont sit here slagging off people that are happy members and making them look like idiots, stick to your campsites and dont expect something for nothing, you will be disappointed the whole of your lives

The thread may be "dead" as you refer to it, but its still very visible to anyone who logs in here. As long as it stays here it is still valid to comment to it. Its misleading and completely untrue. I am a new Seasons Member and as such feel justified in my reply. If you only wish replies from people who "slag" off companies you do not show a true representation of the general "buying" public. Either remove the thread or accept that not everyone will have the same view, its quite simple really. Infact by stating you aversion to me posting positive points about Seasons Holidays, whilst clearly allowing damaging comments you are leaning towards a dangerous bias. Maybe this forum is not a clear representation of the consumers you purport to represent and just the views or a few with site priviledges. Very disturbing news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thread may be "dead" as you refer to it, but its still very visible to anyone who logs in here. As long as it stays here it is still valid to comment to it. Its misleading and completely untrue. I am a new Seasons Member and as such feel justified in my reply. If you only wish replies from people who "slag" off companies you do not show a true representation of the general "buying" public. Either remove the thread or accept that not everyone will have the same view, its quite simple really. Infact by stating you aversion to me posting positive points about Seasons Holidays, whilst clearly allowing damaging comments you are leaning towards a dangerous bias. Maybe this forum is not a clear representation of the consumers you purport to represent and just the views or a few with site priviledges. Very disturbing news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The public are welcome to put their views and opinions forward about any company, whether positve or negative. All we ask is for adherence to the rules, it's a simple ask. Any contribution is a positive contribution to the forum and we welcome a balanced discussion.

• 1 year later...
We would like to set the record straight regarding a number of postings on this website by consumers who have not provided sufficient information and background to a number of promotions we have hosted on the web recently, nor have they actually enjoyed a holiday at one of our holiday resorts or put our money back guarantee offer to the test. We are sorry if some participants are disappointed, but it is also important that other participants are in possession of all the facts so they can make their own judgement, rather than relying on unsubstantiated rants. More than 500,000 UK households already own timeshare and a recent independent survey based on thousands of responses showed that the vast majority of UK timeshare owners are satisfied or very satisfied with their timeshare experience.

Here are the facts.

Seasons Holidays are one of Europe’s leading resort developers, with six luxury resorts in the British Isles and three in Europe. Each year Seasons arranges holidays for more than 75,000 customers. We offer both timeshare on a flexible, multi-destination basis, and also freehold luxury holiday homes and fractional ownership. During the last 12 months, we have built and sold more than 120 brand new luxury holiday residences in Scotland the Lake District and Cornwall.

We have been operating since 1996 and we are an English registered company. We work closely with our home authority trading standards office to ensure offers are clear. We are proud of the quality and value that we offer our customers and the valuable year round employment we are bringing to rural communities, without forcing up the price of local residential property for first time buyers. It is more selfish to buy an outright residential home for holidays, then leave it empty for most of the year and then take down provisions for a few weeks each year. All of our property offers encourage multiple use of holiday properties.

For the last 5 years our marketing has been structured around opt-in marketing for our products and we have indeed been offering the chance for consumers to win a Clubseasons timeshare membership worth £3750, excluding annual management fees which are paid by all co-owners and these are currently £367 per week. We are surprised to see comments on this website that we have in some way tried to hide these facts, since these facts were included very clearly in original offer page. The management fees include all bed linen, utility charges and VAT, as well as all the usual services required to maintain a portfolio of very nice residences and facilities. We offer a money back guarantee to winners who are not entirely satisfied upon returning from their first 7 night holiday.

Yes it is possible that some people may have had bad experience of timeshare in the past, when the trade was young and inexperienced. Our industry has by and large developed into a responsible and ethical group and most problems these days relate to non-property based discount travel clubs which have been set up to get around laws and code of ethics that our industry has adopted. We are members for the Organisation for Timeshare in Europe Our marketing is based on an opt-in basis without compulsory sales presentations and we are glad that the resort experiences sell themselves. We have generated opt in lists of more than 400,000 consumers over the last few years offering the incentive of the chance to win a timeshare (excluding annual management fees) as a means to attract consumers who may have wondered how to find out about resorts. Yes consumers are required to pay annual management fees for their share of the collective costs of running the resorts in the portfolio but anyone who has won a prize should note that more than 1000 clients have purchased the prizes on offer for more than £4000 per membership excluding annual management fees. We have given away nearly a 1000 memberships worth £3750 over the last 24 months: non winners have been offered the chance to enjoy a low cost inspection break in the UK or overseas without obligation to find out more about Seasons timeshare. In fact some of the winners have also gone on to purchase more weeks from us, others have decided to walk away from ownership without penalty and that is fine no product will meet the needs and aspirations of every client. We let the resort experience do the selling; we are a commercial organisation and of course we will always encourage customers to purchase more, and there is nothing to be ashamed about in being enthusiastic about a rapidly growing, asset based club that will definitely save members money on better quality holidays for whatever period they choose to remain within the club. We are truly unique in being able to offer to customers six very sought after destinations within the British Isles and even more overseas. I am pleased to say that more than 50 % of our sales last year were existing owners who have owned for 2 years or more deciding to purchase more, so it is clear that what we offer is very attractive to some consumers.

EDIT

As you are such a reputable and honest company, please tell me how my mother (aged 91) can divest herself of her Seasons membership. She is no longer able to use the membership as she is disabled. Neither can other members of the family, who are listed on the membership, visit the resorts. What is the procedure for doing this? The family cannot afford the fees and other obligations should my mother pass away.

Thank you in advance for answering this question.

Was it absolutely necessary to ask this question on the forum? Surely a direct approach to the company would have gained a response more quickly. I am neither an advocate nor a detractor of these kinds of holiday companies but "you pays your money" as they say.....

If your questions, suitable worded and directed to the company do not get a sensible response, contact the trade bodies they belong to, then if still not happy, come back here.

You seem to be showboating for your own glory and that's not what this site is about.

• 1 month later...
As you are such a reputable and honest company, please tell me how my mother (aged 91) can divest herself of her Seasons membership. She is no longer able to use the membership as she is disabled. Neither can other members of the family, who are listed on the membership, visit the resorts. What is the procedure for doing this? The family cannot afford the fees and other obligations should my mother pass away.

Thank you in advance for answering this question.

As a long time owner, all that you should do is to inform the company that you are relinquishing your ownership. it will cost you nothing more than a stamp BUT, the company will then take your ownership back into their portfolio for resale, they might well try and get you to change your mind but a polite refusal would suffice.

The contract is really a one-sided contract where for a specified number of years the company will ensure that accomodation is available for you - it is not one where you have to remain a member for the duration and responsible for all fees for said duration - you could sell the remaining time on the contract for a small administration fee from Seasons to cover the cost of ownership (if you can find a buyer) or just relinquish it; theoretically you could do nothing and ignore all letters from Seasons but that, in my book, is bad etiquette.

• 1 year later...

Look at "Timeshare Consumer Association" website, beware of other sites as some of them are sponsored by timeshare companies giving wrong information. You'll see on their site that time share contracts are now totally worthless. The contracts can be extremely difficult to get out of and have caused a lot of people massive problems. Stay away from any form of time share