House repossessed today

carolan78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi not sure if you'll be able to help as its not my house thats been repossessed. A family member had their house took over by the baliffs today. From what I can gather no court dates have been attended, £3000 is over due and although the money was got together today the mortgage company (I don't know who it is but can find out tomorrow) said its too late.

Is there anything at all that can be done now the situation has gone this far?

i tried to get my house back after it had been repossed in the end there was nothing i could do even though i had the money ,The only real way is if the mortgage company had acted outside the law then you can apeal but apart from that just keep ringing the mortgage company and offering the money telling them of the hardship that it will cause,I tried to get a lawer to fight the case for me but could only find one in manchester which is 30 miles from me and they wanted £500 just to talk to me with only a 50/50 chance at best

They called the mortgage company yesterday but they said it was too late! Does anyone know if the council will rehouse them? I am really worried because private rents will be a lot higher than their mortgage payments.

They will have to go to the council and fill in an housing application and they will then be assessed as to their priority status. As long as they are not found intentionally homeless, it is likely they will be offered temporary accommodation until a permenant offer is made. This could be anything from bed and brerakfast to a short term private let.

Most councils now operate a bidding system through homechoice - this is just an example of how it works from one local authority Medway Home Choice.

If they are struggling with the rent then depending on their income they can apply for housing and council tax benefit. Where are they staying at present?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.