Repossession: risk of being struck out

takemon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

The statements from the DWP show the weekly and monthly figure. The interest is calculated on the lower figure and not the full £80,000.

The DWP (since 2005) have requested that the bank place in writting why the original figure has been reduced. However, the bank has refused to reply.

Just make sure that you keep hold of that as it shows the reason for the alleged shortfall. Have you got anything in writing about the reason for the reduced figure or that DWP have tried to find out why it was reduced?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I have the bank statements showing previously the 'transparent' annual figure of £80,000. However in 2000/1 the statement shows the actual payments from the DWP which changed the transparent figure to a lesser amount. The DWP have verified that there were overpayments.

On an irregular basis the DWP require information, and this was forwarded to the bank. It was when the bank supplied a lesser figure than the suppossedly transparent £80,0000 did the interest payment decrease. As per the DWP they are governed by law and untill the bank agrees the original figure of £80,000 is correct and pay back the overpayments, there is nothing the DWP can do.

• 2 weeks later...

HiReceived letter from the CC - the bank has requested that the case be restored / relisted and the hearing is on October 22, 2008. I have spoken to the clerk at the CC and I was told that the 'shortfall' has increased. I've contacted the bank / customer services and I've been informed that the interest rate hasn't changed since 1st May 2008.Albiet the rate is stable the 'shortfall' is now in conflict with the POC where according to the bank / solicitors the 'shortfall' had decreased.