global debt recovery

misterbing
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone just found this site after a very unpleasant telephone conversation with a guy from global we fell into debt with welcome financial services 3 yrs ago when my wife was taken seriously ill and we struggled to keep up the payments we have since taken up a payment plan with global unfortunately we missed one payment this month due to a family illness so already stressed did not need the threats and abuse dished out by this guy we asked several times for this persons name he refused to give it he called us liars and people who use loan companys as charitys he said he couldnt understand our accents:evil: the original payments were 20.00 per month now he wants 100.00 or payment in full 5000.00 i asked to speak to someone higher he refused saying we were making excuses we sent a form by recorded delivery stating our outgoings and incomings but he says they never recieved it we have been threatened with bailiffs courts attachment of earnings etc . advice would be most welcome as we dont know where to turn next

Firstly, if they ring back, refuse to speak to them, either ignore your phone if you know it is them, or if you do answer it, refuse to answer any security questions and then terminate the call.

One of the site managers might move your post into the "debt collection industry" forum for you, if they don't, then I would advise that you re-post your thread there.

I am pretty new here myself so I can't really advise you properly, but there are plenty of people on this site who will.

You need to tell Global that you will only correspond with them in writing. A lot of these DCA's (debt collection agencys) like to use intimidation over the phone, in the hope that you will pay them straight away.

They hope that you don't know your rights.

When the people with experience start to answer your thread you will realise that you DO have rights regarding this matter.

Move your post into the Debt Collection Industry threads and somebody will be there to help you soon I am sure.

Elaineh

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Ok, you need to be in here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/

then start a new thread and rewrite or copy and paste your question.

Good luck

• Haha 1

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Hi, misterbing.

I'll move it for you ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Just to put your mind at rest -

1. These people tell lies as you have observed.

2. Their threats are mainly meaningless. For instance they must get a judgment against you in the County Court and then a Warrant of Execution to be able to involve bailiffs. You're a long, long way from that at the moment.

What to do next :

1. Keep making the payments as normal. If possible send an extra payment to make up for the one you have missed (or have you done that already).

2. Keep a log of all telephone calls, even if you don't answer them or don't continue the conversation.

3. Wait and see if they send any letters.

Incidentally what was the debt for?

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

If they are being obnxious there is a very simple way of getting back at them. While maintaining the paymnt level at the agreed rate ask them for the documentation that proves they have a right to collect. This is the CCA letter you find in the stickys. It will cost a £1 and they have 12 days to comply with your request. Essentially no documents = no enforceable debt. You could then turn round and say - "well you dont have the proper paperwork, until you find them I'll stop paying you. In fact I think I'll have what I've paid you back, with interest. A cheque will do nicely" In the same letter ask for their complaints procedure and if/when they do lodge a complaint about the twerp who rang you.