Capquest + Citi Cards debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2005 I had a letter from Capquest saying they had bought my outstanding debt (can't remember exact wording) from Citi Cards (re my old peoples bank credit card).

This was before I knew anything about CAG etc, and when I spoke with Capquest on the phone they confirmed that they had indeed bought the debt.

In 2007 I sent a CCA request to Capquest - and eventually in January 2008, they said that

they were unable to produce the CCA, so were sending the account back to the creditor.

If I wanted to discuss the matter further, they invited me to telephone them - no chance thought I :)

And since January, I haven't heard anymore about the debt.

My question is this:

I know that DCAs' often bulk-buy these debts from creditors for peanuts.

So what happens in the case above - do Citi Cards refund peanuts to Capquest, as they are unable to find the CCA - or did Capquest just lie to me?

Thanks

Florish

I don't know, but I would like to.

Cabot bought an 'alleged' debt of mine then pretty quickly told me they were sending it back after I sent an 'account in dispute' letter. I haven't heard from the OC since but ......

I suspect that either they just close their files because they know they're not going to get a penny or they do send it back and ask for a refund in which case it will probably be sold to some other chancer or they sell it on themselves, so I'm pretty sure I haven't heard the last of this account.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

• 2 years later...

Yesterday I received a letter from Mackenzie Hall (first time ever) asking me to contact them as they would like to talk to me urgently on a personal matter.

The only debt that I can think of that they may have is an old statute barred Citi debt which was sold to Cabot (if it is that debt then it's definitely statute barred).

Part of me wants to contact them to establish that it is the statute barred Citi debt/Cabot, especially as I don't want anyone turning up on my doorstep or contacting neighbours etc or for them to go to court behind my back and giving me all sorts of hassle.

Are there any particular advantages/disadvantages of either contacting them or not contacting them?

Thanks

In a word NO! Alternatively NO, or the final option is NO!

Do you think if it were so "Urgent" they would have sent it 2nd class?

File it away under ignore, they have nothing to say, and they are saying it too loudly, your on a phishing list, you owe nothing, these clowns only ever deal with unenforceable or statute barred debts.

As for some goon taking the liberty of knocking your front door, why is everyone so scared of this?? It's your property, YOU decide who it is you allow into your property or talk to on your doorstep, these fools have absolutely no more legal rights to be on your property than your milkman, so if they do turn up, just laugh at them and tell them to clear off.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

TBH by contacting them in any way will simply make their tiny minds beleive you are there for the taking and they will do all they can to rob you blind.

Ignore them, there is NO LAW which says that you must reply to their letters.

Print the doorstep collection letter off, and keep it by the front door, just in case a goon does come knocking, if one does, DO NOT enter into any conversation with them less for asking them who they are, certainly give no names and do not even admit to being the owner of the property, or living there, if they ask a question you ask a question in return, and all that should be is "Who are you?" then hand them this and close the door.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!