Let Battle Commence **WON**

skintboy69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings to one and all. It's been a while since I was last on this most excellent site and guess who is the next target.:razz:

I received a reply to wifey's SAR today and I need to calculate interest on the charges. Last time round I used a template from Vampiress's Chambers but the links don't seem to work any more. I've looked at the CAG spreadsheets but they only seem to calculate at 8%.

Does anyone have any suggestions (other than getting a degree in maths).

Cheers, T.

Hi Skint and welcome to the BC forum,

You have 2 choices:-

1) Go for refund of charges within the last 6 years and BC will refund in full possibly with an 8% flat bonus on top. They'll do this without you going to court. Use the simple spreadsheet for credit cards to list the charges.

They may initially offer to refund only the balance between the charges you paid and £12, but they'll increase it to all chgs quickly.

2) Go for refund of charges PLUS interest on those charges at the Contractual Rate which will increase your claim considerably. Use the Advanced credit card spready or the one here - http://www.shweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/interestcalcs.xls

BC will refuse to refund this and you'll have to file your claim at court. You'll have to prepare and print 3 copies of your Court Bundle. You'll have to File and Serve copies to the court and to BC respectively. They'll negotiate with you only when you have a final court hearing date and you'll need to understand, and be prepared to argue in court, the basis on which you are claiming the Contractual interest in restitution.

Some users have claimed this and won, while others have started off on this route but backed down during later negotiations.

Steven's Interest Tutorial is essential reading - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/145027-interest-tutorial.html

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick. Thanks for the excellent info. I quite take your point: however, between me posting and you replying I found the spreadsheet I was looking for and immediately sent a preliminary request for charges + interest at their contractual rate.

The charges aren't a great deal, a little over £100 and on reflection it probably isn't worth the grief of going to court and sorting that much paperwork.

Is it possible to re-calculate the interest and submit it without BC thinking I'm a soft touch?

Cheers, T.

Hi Skint,

Write to BC now and say you've reconsidered your position and, as the amounts involved are not worth taking the claim into court, you will settle for repayment of the charges without interest at the contractual rate.

Send them a revised SOC and ask them to repay your charges on this basis. Do this on the site spreadsheet for Credit Card - Simple version.

Don't print the s.69 Interest column at this stage as you can only claim that when/if you file your claim at court. Doing it this way, I doubt you'll need to file at court. :)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick. Thanks for coming back again.

I had considered doing this but, as I said in my last post, I didn't want to give them the wrong impression.

I'll get the revised demand off PDQ and keep you informed.

Cheers, T.

• 2 months later...

Well, here we are a couple of months down the line and I thought I'd let you know how I got on.

I didn't send a revised SOC but awaited developments. Barclaycard, as expected, offered the difference between the £20's they had charged and their current £12 + 8%.

I told them that if they would refund ALL the charges +8% I'd accept.

They agreed and I accepted. The only thing I couldn't talk them into was to refund by cheque. They only credited the account.

Thanks again for the advise Slick. It was spot on. :cool:

I have just sent them MY preliminary request. The stakes are a bit higher this time.

I'll keep you posted.

T.

Hi Skintboy,

Delighted you got an acceptable result with BC on your wife's claim.

Please make any donation if you can. I'll change the thread's title to reflect your win.

Please start a new thread for YOUR claim. :)

• Haha 1