£10,000 coned from old man

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone" please could someone help me out so i could help this vulnerable guy who i meet recently

He is a 62 year old man, who paid £10,000 for a second hand shop, he made the lease him self (that looks invalid to me, its only 2 a4 size paper sheets) his rent is £200.00 a week plus all the bills.

he painted and decorated the shop and a few days later the furniture was removed by the landlord, he could not understand why they had done this so he contacted the landlord straight away, land lord said that the furniture was not included its only the shop?

so the 62 year old, hit the roof and said i did not pay £10,000 for an empty shell, and has refused to pay any rent and wants his money back

yesterday he received a letter from landlords solicitor saying if he dose not pay £800,00 rent that is due within 7 days he will end up in court and would have to pay they legal cost too?

id love to help this man, he looks like an honest man who has been coned out of money

any help advice would be great, i am not expert in this filed at all so please help

In all honesty, I suspect the landlord has a point. Was it ever EXPLICITLY agreed, either verbally or in writing, that the furniture would remain?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

If it was agreed that the furniture would be left, and this is provable, then the furniture should be supplied. It would be up to a court to decide whether this is a severe enough breach of contract to warrant termination of the contract.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

You don't explain but is this a shop selling furniture & was the removed furniture stock or are we talking about fittings

Can you tell us the leasing costs of nearby shops & how do they compare

Who was witness to the transaction

The breach of contract is in the furniture that is missing. At best, he will be able to claim for the cost of replacing this. I doubt that a court would take this as valid grounds to rescind the contract as a whole.

As it appears to be handwritten are there any terms in the lease which apply to none payment of rent

when i had a look at this lease it was only a4 size plain paper hand-written, with many spelling mistakes their are only 2 pages with no terms at all