Proving you DID have a ticket?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondering, if you were being prosecuted for 'fare evasion', but had proof that you did actually have a ticket - what could be done about it?

Would a train company drop the charges if presented with proof?

By proof, I mean an official statement of a registered oyster card.

Any experiences?

Cheers.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Its a hard one I've a networkwestmidlands season ticket, however I could still face a penalty charge if I travel and can't produce it.

Am I correct in assuming something like this happened to you.

Edited by old_andrew2007
typo

Sort of yeah. But I've already paid a penalty.

I'm not looking to get the money back, just wondered what the situation would be if someone were to be prosecuted or something. I suppose its mostly a topic which could be potentially useful to others.

In the case of an oyster card it is slightly different though, If it fails to register correctly even though you do have a valid ticket loaded, you could be accused of not having a ticket if they dont double check your ticket (which they dont seem to do at non-TFL stations). This is more likely on national rail as they seem to be less aware of how oyster cards actually work.

This is pretty much what happened to me - it didn't register correctly on the way out of the station and I didnt immediately remember that I had a ticket.