HFO Services Scaring my 15 Year Old Daughter - COURT ACTION !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the replies chaps.

I rang the court this morning to ask two questions:

1. Had they received the 'Discontinuance' form from HFO's solicitors and;

2. Enquire about procedure to claim costs.

The answers;

1. They had NOT received the 'Discontinuance' form - perhaps early days.

2. Seek legal advice.

Fuzzy, I'll definately make a contribution, of that there's little doubt.

Cheers

John

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies chaps.

I rang the court this morning to ask two questions:

1. Had they received the 'Discontinuance' form from HFO's solicitors and;

2. Enquire about procedure to claim costs.

The answers;

1. They had NOT received the 'Discontinuance' form - perhaps early days.

2. Seek legal advice.

Fuzzy, I'll definately make a contribution, of that there's little doubt.

Cheers

John

Heavens above, they haven't sent their discontinuance to the court? Goodness gracious! Well I never! I've got déjà vu - in my case, the court asked me to fax them my copy of the discontinuance and they acted on that. Check again Monday, definitely.

Hi there, I've read this one from the sidelines so to speak and I'm thrilled that you go this result.

As for costs, following x20's advice here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1701510.html I received £500 from Smile/Cobbetts for my time and trouble having initially asked for £2000 !! The thread is a few pages but the bit refering to costs is here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dca-legal-successes/157451-back-court-after-set-5.html#post1803402 It did last a year and actually went to court 4 or 5 times I recall so was high but the process for claiming following discontinuance is the same and is really straight forward compared to all the other stuff you have been through.

Just have a good read of it and make sure you are fully aware of what you are taking on before you do it as it COULD end up in c court hearing for the costs if they decide to contest your bill and you may not need that stress. Some people would be content with the discontinuance without worrying about the costs.

Good luck. FF

A question I'd like to pose:

Are HFO Services & Turnbull Rutherford Solicitors one and the same? It's my belief they are. If you take a look at their website http://www.turnbullrutherford.com/ it's interesting to note a comment that strikes a chord i.e. Relentless client service.

Is this the same relentless harassment I received from HFO?

Anyone able to research the 'leaders' of these two businesses?

John

Datasafe, I believe this company are indeed one and the same. Both are based in the same building in Wimbledon Broadway, Merton, and the director of both is Alasdair Turnbull. If you take a look at other threads about HFO and Turnbull Rutherford, (can't remember which there are so many!) but the info is posted somewhere on here :)

Thanks for that fedup :)

I feel a letter to the Law Society coming on!

It's interesting to note, the email address of Turnbull Rutherford is bouncing all messages - how professional!

Anyone have a contact email for them?

John

Yep, both organisations have one director, Mr Turnbull. That's why I think it takes the pee when TR refer to 'our client' (ie. myself), but this kind of set up is quite common (although most are organisations within bigger companies and share an office - TR pretends it has nothing to do with HFO). If only I could find a way to complain about this...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1701510.html

ah ha, just found this draft from X20

you may want to use it as it will cause them more pain :D

Hello PT2537:

I saw you here, your kind action in this thread and may say thank for

helping all of us at your own disposition.

I would like ask you IF, ONLY IF, your are able perhaps give some pointers

about my legal position.

I could send you my legal position with 1ST CreditMBNA and the legality of an agreeement which is under SCRUTINY but only if it is acceptable by you, I would not like to burden with my issues. It is just that it may sound obvious to some but being harassed and even embarrassed in public by this people

( yes they did contacted my neighbours about my debts before but it is difficult to prove it)

I have suffered myself and my fly a lot and I did a mistake in disputing this

debt before but on analysis and after being here, I may be able to win it but need some some about my questions that I can see it is the way forward to challege them...

If you can not help, don't worry. Otherwise any litigator you may know and advice me that can help me, please let me know.

Many thanks

Tam

Anyone wishing to contact Turnbull Rutherford Solicitors by email, may wish to contact me for the 'proper one'

It's interesting to note that an email sent to the published email address of Turnbull Rutherford Solicitors gets bounced by, guess what, the servers of HFO!

Edited by datasafe

The domain turnbullrutherford.com is indeed registered to HFO.

The domain turnbullrutherford.co.uk is registered Mr Turnbull himself.

How could you suggest any impropriety or direct links with HFO!

waiting waiting waiting..............I dont do patients.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I'm not holding out on you purposely guys.

I'm restricted from posting information due to a potential legal issue. I was originally informed that I could provide an update to this thread today but, no sooner than I'd made the post, I was asked to resist doing so.

I'm sorry about that but it really is beyond my control just now.

Cheers

John