Tesco homephone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5756 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently switched from BT to Tesco Homephone as i thought i would get a cheaper deal and upto now i have. But i was on the BT website yesturday to have a look at the tv deals and they said that i needed a BT line. Which i thought was strange as i paid the £125 back in Nov/Dec. And then i realised i pay Tesco for my line rental but i never realised and they never told me that it wouldn't be through my BT line so if i wanted to go on one of BT's TV packages i'm gonna have to pay another £125.

Is there anything i can do as surely they should of made sure i was aware of it first.

Thanks

Edited by animal_lover
typo error

OK, I take it you're not in term with tesco... try calling the BT customer options team on 0800 800 030. Thats the team that deals with bringing customers back from other telecom providers.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I'd contact Tesco 1st.. BT will take it over still even if you are in term with tesco. That could run up a bill for the rest of the term.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

not a lot... If Tesco are keeping to their side of the contract, you can either go back to BT and pay a cancelation fee to tesco or wait it out I'm afraid.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Ok no probs. I've just been thinking even though i changed my phone provider i'm still with BT for my broadband and Line Rental as the said i would have to pay a cancellation fee. Although i'm still getting my broadband can i be charged line rental from BT when it's not a BT line. Thanks

OK, I'm confuzzled now :p (not hard to do!)

1st post you said you pay tesco for line rental, post #8 you said it's BT.

So, just to clarify things, if you are with BT for your line rental and broadband you can get BT Vision.

If you are not adverse to re-starting your broadband contract with BT call 0800 800 030 and see if they can do anything that will get you free BT Vision as it's getting offered free for new customers. (if they sort it for you, it'll be for free, otherwise there is a £30 connection fee, which isn't bad but free is cheeper :p all depends on if you want to be locked into a longer term for your broadband)

NOW, small word of warning!! the BT Vision only works whilst ever you have BT Broadband.

P.S. when talking to them see if they can do anything to lower your broadband bill ;)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

If you are uncertain who you pay line rental to, dial 150 and see who answers. That will be your line provider.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

I'm confused aswell now

I orginally had both my home phone and broadband with BT along with the line rental. I then switched to Tesco Home Phone which had Line Rental included. At the time i didn't mind as i was gonna switch my Broadband to there aswell but BT advised me not too as i would have to pay a huge cancellation fee. So i'm still getting my Broadband through BT they also told me i had my line rental there aswell. It wasn't until i tried to get BT Vision that it said i didn't have a BT line which i thought was strange as i was still getting broadband.

They have already lowered my Broadband to make me stay - they give me a home hub and put me on option 2 i think the one that's £20.99 but they are only charging me the same amount as my previous plan which was £15.99.

I hope that's helped :)

Well, if they say you cannot get BT Vision as you don't have BT line rental, then I guess you must have tesco line rental... I know tesco recently started doing line rental as a WLR product (Wholesale line rental). It's exactly the same as BT line rental, it's provided by BT wholesale to tesco who rebundle it as there own (much like they do with O2 for their mobile service)

I guess you're either gonna have to pay tesco to leave or wait until your contract is up.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

You need a BT line for BT broadband i think so you have a BT Line.

Also you state that you paid BT £125 in Nov/Dec, If that was last year then you would still be with BT surely as they give you a standard 12 month contact with line activations. (Im guessing thats what the £125 was for ??)

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal Experiences/Mistakes lol...

I thought it was part of BT terms that your phone line is with them to get there Broadband ?

Could be wrong tho.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal Experiences/Mistakes lol...

This is very strange and needs someone to look into it for you. You cannot rent the same line from two companies ( ponders: or have you got 2 lines?).

You can have your line with BT but your calls with tesco, in which case you still have a BT line.

Someone at Ofcom once told me, dial 150, whoever answers is who your line is with.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Still confused 'cos of the fact that you still pay a BT line rental bill!!!! lol

Could be a few things... did you get the £124.95 connection fee spread over a year at £10.30 a month? That would look like line rental on a bill I guess?

Were you still within the minimum term? They charge a maximum of £70 disconection fee (or the remainder of your term in line rental, whichever is lowest) and is that what they're taking?

Do you pay by "Monthly payment plan" where you set up a DD for a set amount each month? If this is not cancelled BT keep taking it even if the account is £100's in credit and canceled! BT is on 0800 800 150 to answer these questions LOL

As far as the BT Vision is concerned, you do need BT line rental (as it's this account that the vision gets added to in most cases) so cheepest way would be to wait it out with tesco and change back to BT when your minimum term is up.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi,

For the connection fee i had to pay it in one go it wasn't spread over the 12 month period.

The only charge i got added was for leaving whilst i was on the free uk calls for 3 months. which i didn't know at the time was a new contract and that i would have to pay for the rest of the term should i leave.

No i haven't got a DD set up i had to cancel it due to problems at work with my wages so i couldn't pay it and the plan i was on previous to that was to pay quartely.

I don't think i'm really that bothered about BT vision anymore but at least it brought this little dilemma to my attention lol

So you pay BT £15.99 for broadband per month... Any more? What does it show up as on your bill?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar