TK MAX and RLP -Incorrectly priced bag

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

However removing the price tag and dropping it on the floor which you admit to doing yourself, and then asking a member of staff for the price and then paying that price at the tills is an offence.

What is the offence?

In fact what you have done is an arrestable offence under the police and criminal evidence act as you have commit theft/fraud by deception.

The Serious and Organised Crime and Police Act 2005 has replaced PACE in respect of powers of arrest.

The fact that the item may have been priced incorrectly doesn't matter.

Why's that then?

The fact is you did this offence and have admited it there and then as well as on here. I work in that high street and if you where to try that where i work you would be taken away in cuffs and have a criminal record and proberly out of work right now. So count yourself lucky

Yes, the OP should count herself lucky that she didn't encounter you, as clearly you know as much about the law as you think you do, and would no doubt find yourself being sued by now.:rolleyes:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But has also made a deliberate effort to ensure that the reason he was querying the price was hidden.

With barcodes and stuff it is very easy for a member of staff to check up on the price. The fact remains that if the OP had every intention of trying it on then there is now way they would have approached a member of staff to confirm the price, they would have just gone the whole hog and swapped the price tag over with something else.

So why delibrately remove the price tag Rob? Just because she made a bad job of doing it doesnt mean she wasnt acting dishonestly!

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

With barcodes and stuff it is very easy for a member of staff to check up on the price. The fact remains that if the OP had every intention of trying it on then there is now way they would have approached a member of staff to confirm the price, they would have just gone the whole hog and swapped the price tag over with something else.

not knowing if it was cheaper or not..........i'm certainly not going to eleborate on how its done on here , but it quite easy.......

you are lucky you seem oblivious to the way thieves work and the scams they pull, but then again you are prob quite happy to pay inflated prices to pay for the stolen stock where you shop.

i'm glad you're not on our townlink team, you'ed be walked over everyday.

hawk, watchout for the latest catalyst tag workaround, a metallic paint pen used on the one of their range, stops the induction taking place when they walk out.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So why delibrately remove the price tag Rob? Just because she made a bad job of doing it doesnt mean she wasnt acting dishonestly!

The OP stated that the price tag inside wasn't even secured to the item, which is most unusual as they are usually attached by some secure means and not left loose. She was silly to remove it, but the fact that she then enquired about the correct price of the item doesn't suggest dishonest behaviour.

I agree with Rob that just going on the information given there was no dishonesty. However I also agree with Mcjohnson that there might be more to this we're not hearing. I would like to know why the OP decided to remove the tage, and what the price of the item turned out to be before I fully commit to a point of view.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

You were starting to win me over Mr Shed, but you've descended into hyperbole since your first post.

This isn't an employment or insurance situation, so there is no implied term of trust and confidence. A customer is entitled to bargain for a better deal or withhold inconvenient information. They're not allowed to tell an outright lie to get a better deal, but no one here did that.

In the absence of further evidence of dishonest activity, there was clearly no crime here. You're trying to dodge that by bringing in morals but that's a personal judgment not a fact.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Zamzara. Please read my post. I have explicitly stated that NO crime has taken place. I am just saying that withholding the price was dishonest. That is all I have EVER said.

If my posts have descended into hyperbole, it is because I am having to try and persuade people with a different moral standpoint than myself, and I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Zamzara. Please read my post. I have explicitly stated that NO crime has taken place. I am just saying that withholding the price was dishonest. That is all I have EVER said.

Since the OP actually went up to a member of staff and asked them to check the rpice of the item it is abundantly clear they have not withheld the price. The company are capable of checking the price easily.

But they HAVE withheld the price ticket that was attached. I am not saying the dishonesty was well thought out, just that it was dishonest!

So, it's the ticket they have withheld now and not the price? Indeed, the tag has been withheld, but not the price, which in a store such as TK Maxx is easily checked, so therefore no withholding of the price of the article. And the OP did ask a member of staff to check the price of the item.

Sorry I feel like I'm in ten minutes ago - are we not repeating the same things here?

Pedantic? Same difference.

Anyone looked at the dates here? this was a reasonably old topic that was discussed at length a while back and opened up again by someone else. The original poster has clearly made a decision about this and is getting on with her life. Not hiding a guilty conscience.

Secondly, anyone been into TK Maxx recently? Have you seen their shelving technique? Items look as though they are lobbed onto shelves from the furthest corner of the room. They are often not labelled and I wouldn't be surprised to see a loose label from a manufacturer in any item. OK maybe the OP should have stated the fact that she found a loose label in the item, but she didn't. She went to the counter, asked the price, was told the price and paid. Where's the crime? Whether she was thinking honest thoughts as she went to the till is not the point, I thought this was a place where people weren't judged?

Sorry - I am in a rush and have not read properly threads since my last post but in case it hasn't been mentioned.....

while an offer was made and was accepted, the basis of making that offer was upon the act committed of removing that tag. One should not forget the act which lead to what would otherwise by a lawful exchange. It is that act which is the cause of the problem.

Imagine if one find some property that says "this whatever belongs to such and such". One remove the tag and asks of some other person "is this yours" to which the answer is no. The prinicple is exactly the same here. We may not see it because we see my example as blatant dishonesty. But that is what the OP has done. The act ay be different but the reasoning and the principle is the same.

• Haha 1

That analogy would only work if she'd then gone into Boots and asked "how much?" She asked the named owner. Besides items have fixed prices and we don't have a haggling system. You ask the cashier for the price you expect them to either know (barcode) or find out.

And the cashier would look..... at the label / barcode that the customer had deliberately removed. The analogy is sound - it is not about ownership, it is about engaging in a deceptive act in order to gain an advantage.

It would certainly be interesting for the OP to update us on what has happened since the thread was started.

They will when they gets out of jail lol...;)

www.nwcpnefc.co.uk/forum football, whinging and anything else

I been to see the Doctor and hes diagnosed me with Excessive DCA Crank call Syndrome.

• 5 months later...

Ok I know this happened a while ago but I'd like to say,,,,,,,,,,,,

WELL DONE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT.

It looks like you scared the OP away with a few of you taking the moral high ground, &^&***^ idiots.

You have just gained this site a bad rep, no doubt the OP will tell people about the brow beating they took from you.

You used the same style of arguements I've seen used on here by the trolls who come on just to insight unrest and confuse the issues, it is not for you to judge, you were arguing about a VERY minor point!!!!! My god I've seen threads where DCA phone staff come on with the same moral stance, then you bleat that they have no CCA so you can stop paying them, (and rightly so) well you don't like it when a DCA "monkey" does it to you so don't do to other people!!!! The same with bank charges, the same with parking fine ect. If you want to give sermons about morals then join the priesthood!!!! or you could just hammer at each other in private. I always thought this site was about the law, not what is morally right, The OP was, probably in law, kidnapped, unlawfully detained, forced to admit guilt under duress, threatened, abused and publicly shamed and you argue about a VERY MINOR POINT. Should they of dropped the LOOSE tag on the floor? probably not, but they did, so now have to deal with the conciquences, should you of spent that £10 in the pub when you knew there was a DD due out, probably not, but you did, you got charges, you found this site and reclaimed them, did you get the treatment you subjected the OP too? NO.

No doubt the OP has now paid the extortionists what they demanded, will feel even worse than they OBVIOUSLY already did and will never use this site or any other similar site so will carry on being bullied by the big boys.

I HOPE YOUR PROUD!

Yup I do,:D

OK I did rant a bit didn't I

I had a friend who I sent to this site and she received the same treatment, i.e. thread hijacked, made to feel like %^^$, she's never come back and is having to pay DCA's £300 per month all thanx to 2 people gobbing off, Oh and won't speak to me, said I'd made her feel worse.

sorry it's my new pet hate:p

well said!!!!!!!!!! all of us have made poor judgements in our lives so who are we to sit and judge other people.the best we can do is help each other and if people want to slag of others maybe they shoulkd take a look at their own lives. this forum has saved my life:)

• Haha 1