Buchananclark+wells/Lowell portfolio/t mobile

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received today a formal demand from Buchananclark+ wells for an alleged debt of £27.00, the pursuers are Lowell Portfolio 1 ltd and the creditor is T-Mobile (uk) Ltd, BCW have been instructed by lowell to recover this debt.

I did have a very shortlived contract with T Mobile probably at least 6 years ago which i cancelled and i belive i had no debt and this is the first i have heard of it until today. Should i write to BCW and request a copy of my original joining statement with T Mobile as well as proof of the debt or just leave it alone?. I know it is not advised to phone these companies or enter any agreements with them.

Any help would be much appreciated

As saintly 1 said, send them the letters from the library depending on if the account is statute barred or not.

It's unlikely they'll have the paperwork to enforce anything against you anyway. Also unlikely they'll go to the trouble of court action for such a small amount anyway.

They'll probably just blow around in the wind with a few threat-o-grams hoping to scare you into paying up. Eventually they'll give up and crawl back under their stone. :)

It worked for me with Paypal last year anyway.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Thanks fuzzybobble and Saintly1, i do have very vague recollection of having a short lived account with them that i cancelled immediately and i'm certain i owe them nothing, not sure if it is over 6 years but it could very well be over 6 years, should i ask them for a copy of my signed declaration to T Mobile and a copy of the alleged bill?.

Thanks once again.

This is the prove it letter

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your Name) Print do not sign

I would send this amended to suit and see what they come back with

Tell them its Stat Barred. The onus of proof then shifts to them. For £27 they are hardly going to spend much time and effort proving otherwise.

If BCW were foolish enough to buy this of Lowells then thats their problem not yours.

Thanks once again, i'm not 100% it was 6 years ago but it would be very very close and i am certain it was cancelled almost immediately with nothing owing. I have e-mailed BCW a copy of the template i was kindly given on here and i am awaiting their reply.

I have always wondering how anyone could actually work for one of these companies, perhaps they have been bullied at School or something. If they send people letters of this sort and their is no evidence of the recipient actually owing any money can they sue these companies?