Lowell/red threatnening SD on 1972 Barclaycard **SET ASIDE**

Creole
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's easy- application form, no prescribed terms and funnily enough, exactly the same as one I signed myself at that time. Luckily, mine hasn't returned to haunt me... yet.

I bet you haven't paid anything towards it for over six years as well...

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

PossVox, you are too fast for me!:D

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Lowell (also trading as Red and taking over accounts from 1st Credit - 1st credit being notorious for sending "statutory demands" that aren't worth the paper they're written on) attempts to collect a lot of statute barred Barclaycard debts.

Offering "discounts" or (wait for it!) the ability to "bid" for your account (yes, that's right, tell them how much you want to pay and they may even say yes and accept your money in convenient monthly installments!) is a classic tell-tale sign of a statute barred debt and a desperate attempt to collect.

It is now time to file a written complaint with your local Trading Standards office telling them you are being harassed by Red and enclosing copies of the correspondence you have sent and received. Red knows that once Trading Standards are involved, the pursuit of statute barred debts has to be abandoned as soon as the consumer refuses payment.

I bet after you file a complaint with Trading Standards you will soon get a letter like this and the matter will end.

Red Letter Barclaycard.jpg

I hope you have that framed, Scotland2007, as that is a rare and valuable beastie! I've never seen one before, but I hope we all get one when we challenge a statute barred debt.;)

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I haven't been updating on this because there hasn't much going on apart from their threatening letters which I've ignored.

my set aside hearing is this tuesday. Please can we give me any tips on how to handle the day, what do I need to take with me, what should I expect? My friend is coming with, but I'm really nervous, never been before a judge before.

oh, I've sent out all the letters I needed to have sent, inc. the one above and tjhe statue barred letter - I still have not heard anything about that though.

I hope I don't get any huge surprises on tuesday, please help me calm my nerves....

I've sent off the CCA and got an application form, I then sent the Statue Barred letter and letter refusing to accept application form as the credit agreement.

I think I messed up on my defence, but this is what I put:

I do not admit the debt because I am currently disputing it.

I have lived at my current address for nearly 6 years and during this time, I have not heard or communicated with this company.

With regards to the SB agrument I can't remember if it's been over 6 years.

for a start, dont worry about court

this will be informal in a side room, no wiggs or gowns

just you and the judge

tell the judge your defence and you believe the debt to be statute barred and the dca have not responded to your request on that matter

take a copy of your letter to the court

how did you receive the sd

was it first/second class post

hand delievered

So when do you ask for costs? after the hearing?

Also, what questions am I likely to be asked? I always have a mental block when I'm under intense pressure, I'm soo worried I may not be able to answer any questions.

So when do you ask for costs? after the hearing?

Also, what questions am I likely to be asked? I always have a mental block when I'm under intense pressure, I'm soo worried I may not be able to answer any questions.

Fax your cost to the court 24 hrs before you have to be there.

PT has a good set of costs. You need to be claiming nearly £250.

JOgs

• Haha 1

it will prob be all over in five minutes

click on the link above

tiglets thread is an insparation to us all as she suffered from a condition putting it at best, terified

before you go into court have the reasons written down in front of you for ref

there have been threads where the judge has set asside even before the other party has spoken

believe me, ime no stranger to the county court and its not that bad

the judge may well ask you about costs or after the judgement, mention it

read this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dca-legal-successes/155477-sd-received-post-day.html

what you have to remember is the dca dish theses out as a scare tactic to get you to acknowledge the debt and set up a payment plan

these are standard computer generated threatogram

the dca know you are setting asside the application as the court would have informed them

i am very sure the dca wont turn up so the judge will not be impressed

just relax

its allmost in the bag