help please

jjandbump
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am hoping someone can help me,

I am in arrears with car HP, we have had person after peron make arrangements to pay and then they we get approched by others.

I wrote to the bank of scotland saying that we want to sort this out, as agreed with thier agent (doorstep) we would pay the normal amount every month £160.00 and also an additional £100.00. So £260.00 a month.

In june we had some money troubles they credited some chages, this covered the normal £160.00. So on the 08th August i sent a letter saying we are disapointed that they had been so inconsistant and we didmt know bank draft for £360.00 saying that this was for the monies as detailed, £160.00 payment, July and augusts £100.00 payments and the august payment of 160.00.

So we are upto date.

I wrote in the letter the cashing of this cheque confirms your acceptance of us carrying on for 5 months like this until we are clear of arrears.

They have cashed the cheque but we are now told by them this is tough and they want all the arrears cleared they have insurtuced a company to recover the car.

We have paid 3/4 of the money under the agreement and know they cant just come and take the car needs to go to court. But would the letter i sent. (which i have a copy of - and it was sent recorded delivery and cashed) mean nothing.

It does say that "we will take your cashing of this cheque as confirmation that you agree to the above".

Help and advise would be appreciated