First Post: NCP whacked me yesterday

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

Yesterday, I received a parking contravention charge notice while parked outside of a closed NCP car park. I parked off road on a ramp that leads to a roller shutter door that would lead in to the car park should the car park be open.

I have allegedly broke rule 7, which states that my vehicle was parked *causing an obstruction or hindrance." The position that my vehicle was parked in contained no prior warning that an offence may be committed should I leave my vehicle parked where it was.

The ticket (or whatever you may call it) was in a sticky bag entitled *Standard Charge Notice* and contains information such as vehicle details, parking contravention charge number, a six digit parking attendant number, a telephone number to call and pay by debit/credit card, a po box number to send cheque/postal order to, a timescale of 14 days to appeal and a further statement that asserts appeals will be rejected after the initial 14 day period from the date of issue and finally a statement that

informs me I have been charged £100 that has to be paid within 28 days or a reduced charge at £50 if received by NCP within 14 days.

I was parked in total for one hour while my friend, girlfriend and I went for lunch at around mid day. I would also like to point out that we have parked in the same spot for years in many different cars over time and have never received charge notices or even seen NCP staff on Sundays. There is absolutely no information on that area that states parking is not allowed.

My intention is to counter their claim and not pay the fee and after reading the sticky posts and registering on this site last night I am seeking advice for the first time in order to fight their fee/fine/charge etc.

I have not been in contact with NCP and do not intend to do so as advised in posts in the sticky posts.

Any further tips, advice would greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Dave W

Hi Dave and welcome,

As BB says ignore these clowns, let them spend money obtaining RK details and sending out letters, you are not obliged to give them any information whatsoever.

Rules:

1) Do not start correspondence under any circumstances, Then just ignore all the BS threats of court, ccj's and killing your cat that will eventually arrive.

2) In the event of feeling stressed or pressured refer to rule 1.

regards

Edited by letshelp
forgot the rules!!!!!

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.