style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't really need help with this one, just a whinge and a potential warning. I've just attempted to buy a new phone from these people, and had problems with the carrier delivering to me. We got into the whole round of " collect from the depot" (miles away), "delivery to place of work needs sender authorisation etc" and to cut a long story short I told them to return the parcel.

I then sent TOL an e-mail explaining (in detail) what had happened and asking them to cancel the order.

I've just received (at work) an extremely patronising call from one of TOL's representatives (who didn't identify himself, I've just realised) asking me why the delivery was "refused". Put him straight on that one and explained the situation re the carrier and the authorisation calls etc and said that I'd decided to cancel the order, confirmed that I didn't want the goods and was prepared to lose the cost of delivery.

On this basis I cannot with any conscience recommend use of the company.

The carrier was CityLink.

C1 - letter requesting refund of PPI (£2875.60 before interest, £3281.38 with interest) 16/08/07

C1 - letter requesting refund of charges (£48.00 before interest, £54.11 with interest) 16/08/07

C1 - £48.00 credit to card account as 'goodwill gesture'

Guest Old_andrew2018

I have city link delivering to me, one or two glitches but I have to say generally good.

Now parcelforce on the other hand were atrocious, I am sure they must advertise for the rudest, and incompetent staff before sending them to the Birmingham branch.

Andy

They send them to the Mitcham branch too - and they take the parcels to the SMALLEST, FURTHEREST SUB POSTOFFICE in your area for the hell of it! The main post office is a five minute walk from home yet they persist in leaving it at one which is a 1/2 hour bus ride away on a route which has two busses an hour. Its almost quicker to walk there and wait for the bus on the way back!