RichardM v Lloyds c/cards. Lloyds playing silly buggers over SAR

RichardM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm being given the run around by Lloyds. I originally submitted an SAR - (Subject Access Request) for both my current account and Asset Advance card back in May. Both accounts were closed in March of 2004. The details for my current account were sent back from Birmingham in a week or so with a note attached advising that they didn't have a record of my credit card account since I could only provide them with a partial account number and that I should try contacting Card Services in Brighton to see if they can provide details of my account number etc, although they also said I may need to write to them. They did say that when I got the account number, I could return it to them, with a quoted reference and they would process the details without requiring a further fee. Since I'm already dealing with four claims, I decided to leave it while but wrote to Brighton on the 25th June with an SAR, enclosing another £10 cheque. I amended the first paragraph of the standard SAR to read

Lloyds/TSB Ltd Bank PLC

Card Services

PO Box 13130

Brighton

BN1 4LT

25th June 2006

Re: Subject Access Request. Data Protection Act 1998.

Dear Sir/Madam

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to the account that I held with you for a Lloyds/TSB Asset Advance Card from May 1999 until February 2004. Whilst I am not in possession of the account number, it should be easily traceable from my name, address, and date of birth which is xx/xx/xxxx. In addition, for security reasons, I provided at the time of application my mother’s maiden name, which is xxxxxxx.

and added the last paragraph.

Please note that in addition to the information provided in order to trace the account number, my signature was acceptable to you as proof of identification for the purpose of authorising any transaction. It should, therefore, be acceptable as proof of my identity in relation to this request.

I've now received back FROM BIRMINGHAM, my letter, cheque and a compliments form upon which was written "Before we can proceed please may we have the account and sorting code and the account number this relates to.

Brighton have simply forwarded it to them, without doing anything with it like providing the account number etc.

Of course, I'm going to phone them tomorrow with both barrels. What I need to know, however, is as the letter was received by Lloyds, with a cheque provided on June 28th, shall I take the 40 days that they have to provide the information from that date.

p.s. for the mods. This is a separate claim from RichardM v Lloyds which is why I started a new thread.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

Spoke to customer services in Brighton this morning for about an hour. They have no record of me ever having a credit card account with them, dispite me being able to provide them with the dates of almost every payment I ever made between May 1999 and Novemeber 2001 when I transfer my current account to First Direct. Supervisor refused to speak to me, and was told that "unless I had an account number there was nothing they could do for me" and the supervisor would not speak to me as I no longer held an account and was therefore not a customer.

Clear breach of the Data Protection Act I think.

next stop, the information commisioners office in Cardiff?

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Have spoken to Information Commisioners helpline, who weren't very helpful. According to them, it is unlikely they can't take acton if Lloyds computer system can't search on name and address alone.

I also believe that the Post Office haven't helped by changing my postcode at some point.

Have registered for a experian trial period. Would that show up any account details perhaps?

Any suggestions gratefully received please?

RichardM,

Experien/CreditExpert, would not bring up any account details but simply state that you have a credit agreement, the value outstanding & if you have missed any payments. It will not give account details.

Generally the statutory credit report you get from any credit reference agency (Experian/CreditExpert, Call Credit & Equifax) will give you the same data as these special reports you sign up to.

DJ Tazzz

The information I provide in replies on this site are drawn from this site and a few other external sources. I acknowledge all parties the information maybe drawn from and offer my advice and assistance freely without guarantee and risk of liability.

RichardM,

Oh, and if you have online banking or maybe ask the bank if you have any idea of when you might have made payment to these credit card accounts as they can give you a copy of the cheque, Bacs payment receipt, or transfer slip as there must be record of at least some record of making payments to your credit card. On these slips, will be the 16 digit card numbers from your card.

DJ Tazzz

The information I provide in replies on this site are drawn from this site and a few other external sources. I acknowledge all parties the information maybe drawn from and offer my advice and assistance freely without guarantee and risk of liability.

Thanks for the reply DJ Tazzz.

My first port of call was in fact Lloyds Tele banking. They were able to give me a partial card number only, which is all their records show after a certain length of time. Unfortunately, it was still no good for Lloyds.

• 7 months later...
Have spoken to Information Commisioners helpline, who weren't very helpful. According to them, it is unlikely they can't take acton if Lloyds computer system can't search on name and address alone.

I also believe that the Post Office haven't helped by changing my postcode at some point.

Have registered for a experian trial period. Would that show up any account details perhaps?

Any suggestions gratefully received please?

hi i was going to suggest to check credit files equifax and experian they may haved details for you

hope this helps neon

• 1 year later...