No valid CCA - what next with experian

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

gymguy , Your right about the ICO. sent the complaint of ages ago...still nothing. Might have to query what is required to place a Default on my file - if im corrent, they require a copy off the cca before they can apply to experian to mark as default, Yet they ADMIT they dont have one, and have admitted it to experian. but experian say "The absence of a signed agreement does not mean the debt does not exist, merely that it cannot be enforced".

Ive never said the debt didnt exist. Ive said they do not have the authority to place a default on my file WITHOUT a valid CCA

anyone got a brick wall i can bang my head against?

Halifax Bank - Owed £1599

23/3 - Data Protection Act sent

24/5 - Data Protection Act finally arrived

25/5 - Demand for repayment sent

04/10 Court bundle filed with court and Halifax

29/10 STAY ISSUED

JAN 08 - Currently being harrased by debt collectors!

Mar 08 - New DCA - Stopped in there tracks

Jun 08 - And another

Jul 08 - Complaint made to HBOS

Nov 08 - My accounts been sold to a DCA

Jan 09 - New complaint issued against HBOS

Mar 09 - Halifax re-aquired the debt

Apr 09 - Applying for Hardship.

at least they removed 2 defaults in selling accounts! :D

I dont not claim to know everything and any advice i give should be treated as MY opinion.

If ive been helpful tip the scales!

or better still

DONATE TO CAG - every tenner helps!

gymguy , Your right about the Information Commissioners Office. sent the complaint of ages ago...still nothing. Might have to query what is required to place a Default on my file - if im corrent, they require a copy off the cca before they can apply to experian to mark as default, Yet they ADMIT they dont have one, and have admitted it to experian. but experian say "The absence of a signed agreement does not mean the debt does not exist, merely that it cannot be enforced".

Ive never said the debt didnt exist. Ive said they do not have the authority to place a default on my file WITHOUT a valid CCA

anyone got a brick wall i can bang my head against?

Hi Jesteruk,

I think that now that there is an admittance that no CCA agreement exists, will prove conclusively the following.

With regards Experian

They categorically state in their literature that a supplier of information to them MUST have the Specific signed consent of the individual

Therefore as it is Experian that have told you there is no CCA in existence then there can be no signed consent given by you.. And as consent is one of the conditions of the First Principle of the Data Protection Act that must be complied with and the fact they have not got a CCA agreement either they cannot rely on the "legitimate reason" as there is no "legitimate" legal contract in existence for the legitimate reason to be relied on, the debt cannot be proved without the agreement so both of them are in breach of the First Principle in that the information about “the account” has been and is being unlawfully supplied in breach of the First Principle and Experian are further processing that information unlawfully.

These are the only two conditions they might have had the chance to rely on but they can't comply with either of them

Compliance with the Data Protection Act is not about money in the sense of the word it is about data and information the data that Experian process is data about a person debt no matter how big or how small has nothing to do with Experian.

I would write again to Experian and put that to them ....see if they can wriggle out of that one. Tell them under the circumstances provided you have an 80% chance of winning a court case against them both, as they are classed as "joint data controllers" under the 1998 Act.

sparkie

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723

In most of he advice threads it recommends sending a postal order. Can anyone explain why. A cheque is far easier for me as its not that easy for me to get to the post office and I have quite afew ongoing battles. A PO also costs more.

I have been sending cheques so far.

Alan - always send a PO. If you send a cheque to a debt collector they could quite easily copy your sig into a CCA. not saying i know companies that would but i would always send a PO.

cheques are fine with experian though.

29/10 STAY ISSUED

Jun 08 - And another

I dont not claim to know everything and any advice i give should be treated as MY opinion.

or better still

well this reply was emailed back today - lets see what it brings....

Dear Mr Worley,

Thank you for your email its contents have been noted.

As far as im aware there are certain requirements before a default can be placed on a consumers credit file, One of these requirements is a Credit agreement

QUOTE FROM ICO:

Accuracy of a lender’s default records

39 Records

Any default record should be accurate. We normally expect a lender to keep records that are necessary to show an agreement exists and to support filing a default. We would also expect a lender to be able to produce evidence to justify a default record they had placed on a credit reference file.

Not having any supporting records may indicate a breach of the data protection principle requiring personal data to be adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose for which it is processed. A record that a notice of an intention to file a default was sent, if not a copy of the notice itself, will help lenders to comply with this requirement.

This has been taken from the ICO themselves, Your email CONFIRMS you are fully aware that Shop Direct DO NOT hold a vaild agreement to process my data You are therefore in FULL KNOWLEDGE that the information placed on my file is in breach of the DPP

Are you also confirming in your email that Creditors do not require a Valid credit agreement to place a default on my file?

In June 2008 Shop Direct were issued with a s10 request under the DPA. They have obviuosly ignored this request and as such are illegally gaining access to my credit file.

I therefore request you supress the information they have placed on my file as they are clearly do not hold any authorisation be it written or in a Credit Agreement.

Your

jesteruk

29/10 STAY ISSUED

Jun 08 - And another

or better still

• 1 month later...

Sadly all i ever seem to get out of experian was "its not out data" or "contact the company concerned"

So i have, last week issued shop direct a letter before action, Basically telling them to clear the data or i take them to court for defamation, and various issues regarding DPA. as far as im aware the compensation is in the region of about £7,000. so given a choice i think they just might cave in.

On another matter i final got experian to change the crap Notice of Correction on my file to one that sounds a lot better:

Before :

"THE CONSUMER HAS DISPUTED THE ACCURACY OF THIS ENTRY AND WE HAVE THEREFORE ASKED THE PROVIDER TO INVESTIGATE IT. GIVEN THAT THIS DATA IS DISPUTED, PLEASE TAKE CARE IF MAKING AN ASSESSMENT OF ANY KIND THAT MAY INCLUDE THIS DATA."

New one :

"SINCE NOVEMBER 2007 I XXXX XXXXXX HAVE BEEN IN COMMUNICATION WITH THE COMPANY REGARDING THE ALLEGED DEBT WITH START DATE 25/10/01. THEY HAVE IN THE LAST 11 MONTHS PROVIDED NO EVIDENCE OF THIS DEBT, I BELIEVE THAT THEY DO NOT HOLD ANY VALID CREDIT AGREEMENT, OR ANY OTHER PAPERWORK RELATING TO THE ACCOUNT, OR HOW IT WAS HELD. SHOULD THIS INFORMATION CONTINUE TO APPEAR ON MY FILE, I WILL COMMENCE LEGAL PROCEEDINGS AGAINST THE COMPANY. I WOULD THEREFORE URGE YOU TO IGNORE THIS PIECE OF INFORMATION."

I wasnt aware that i could write my own NOC but hell mine sounds a lot better then the standard one!

SD have less then 14 days..........

29/10 STAY ISSUED

Jun 08 - And another

or better still

Not sure anyone will read the notice of correction anyway

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

TBH it may do more harm than good as another company searching may not take kindly to the threat of legal action. Obviously I'm not in agreement with them, but who knows how these organisations think.

Well experian have OK'd it, normally any that could be libel,defimation etc are removed.

As for threat of action, they got there LBA this morning, so they know i am taking them to court.

As for people actually reading NOC's, they do, when i applied for a new car in June they mentioned this paticular entry, and wanted to know info on it. They in fact advised me to put a NOC on it as they often read them, to get two sides to the story.

Its all fine them putting defualts on my file, this is one way of me offering my defence.

29/10 STAY ISSUED

Jun 08 - And another

or better still

Well experian have OK'd it, normally any that could be libel,defimation etc are removed.

As for threat of action, they got there LBA this morning, so they know i am taking them to court.

As for people actually reading NOC's, they do, when i applied for a new car in June they mentioned this paticular entry, and wanted to know info on it. They in fact advised me to put a NOC on it as they often read them, to get two sides to the story.

Its all fine them putting defualts on my file, this is one way of me offering my defence.

jesteruk

i think its a brill idea too and what you have put is what im thinking of doing myself,, mind you its all to do with my claim to the fos to deal with a non clear cca, but in the meantime it shows on the credit files its being investigated and well, not any time soon intending to get any new credit so i dont think will harm me in anyway in that direction.

good luck ciao for now MAZ

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D