been refused my license

isoprox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

back in sept 2006 i had a fit, so i was told i would have to voluntarily hand my dl back to the dvla for 12mths, but i could re-applyfor it three months early while the dvla do there investigations, in january 2007 they sent me a letter stating that i would need to attend one of there docters to take a medical, which i thought fine, a couple odf days before the medical i was on a stag weekend so had quite a few beers to say the least, i went a long to the medical which i was totaly gobsmacked with the way it was conducted as it was basicaly based around how much i drink i was treated as if i had lost my dl through drink driving, anyway a few wwks passed by then i recieved a letter from the dvla and to my shock they refused my dl on the grounds my gamma gt levels were high probably through drinking to much, i wrote a letter along with a letter from my own gp backing my case and they just wouldnt do anything.

Knowing you had an important medical exam and your license was dependent on this medical exam, you had a skin full.

That's irresponsible and rather silly.

The concentration of drinking questions probably came about because a drinker (just like a smoker) has a smell about them long after they have participated in their vice (especially to someone who has not had a drink), and this may have pushed him towards the drink questions more than you thought he should be doing.

You need to write again, recorded delivery, asking them for their reasons to retain you license and also ask for a copy of the medical report.

The DVLA do not have an internal appeals process for license refusals or revocations on the basis of fitness to drive.

You would have to make an appeal to your local Magistrates court under Section 100 of the Road Traffic Act for a Justice to consider your fitness to drive. In doing so you are asking the Justice to make any order that he sees fit. You must make the lay of information within six months (E&W) or 21 days (Scotland) of the refusal or revocation.

You must notify the DVLA of your intention to appeal.

Be aware that Costs can be awarded against you if you lose the appeal.

If I've been helpful, please add to my rep. :)