Urgent! Please help! First court claim against me!

jdmw21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5794 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First, thank you for this site! This is my situation....

Court Issue date 7th july from CL finance Ltd claiming 654.80 plus costs now £779.80 on behalf GE money

yesterday i rang the court and they advised my defense had to be in this friday 8th July...! They advised me to acknowledge service online, sent me an application notice and said to send £40 postal order via Special delievery and request extension to give me more time to file my defense which i did yesterday.

I also sent a CCA request to GE money and the request for info under CPR by special delivery.

this is the particulars of claim:

'...claimants claim is for 654.80..monies due..under regulated credit agreement between...defendant and GE capital...and assigned to the claimant on 2nd july 08 notice of which has been given to the defendant.

the defendant has failed to make payment in accordance with the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served upon defendant pursuant to Section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Pursuant top clause 7 of the agreement the Claimant also claims contractual interest of 26.478% per annum from the date of these proceedings to the date of judgement, or sooner payment accruing at a daily rate of 0.57.'

Please help me with my defence!

In march 2007 i started reclaiming charges of £237 + interest but they have only offered £45 and i believe they have added more charges since my original claim....

Also i wrote to them in jan 2008 explaining i was in financial difficulty and requesting them to hold interest, reduce payments etc which they acknowldged. however they sent letter dated 25/2/08 demanding full payment!!

In my opinion the majority of this debt is through unfair charges/interest depite my request to reduce payments?

What should i do next??:confused:

Hi, in your AOS did you tick you are defending all of the claim?

Did you send the CPR request to CL,their solicitors or both?

Have you had a notice of assignment from CL?

Have you had a letter before action from CL?

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site