style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wanted to rent my house out and used a local agency to secure a suitable tenant.

Under there Introductory plan, 9% rent +vat.

The tenants moved in the agent took the 9% fee+ vat.

Then problems started the rent was late each month and I found out they were sub letting rooms different people were staying there.

I gave tenants notice to leave and they moved out in the second month of notice didn’t pay rent and took all the furniture and did more damage to property etc

I took agents and tenants to court after 2 years I won the case against the tenants and the judge put the agent’s case on a stay. (Not really sure what that means)

My solicitors were expensive and made a lot of mistakes so I decided to pursue this now without them.

I want to get my fees back from the agents, if I just write a letter and demand the fees back for failing to provide a suitable tenant, is the stay any use should I mention it?

It really depends on what the written terms and conditions were you have with the agent - these are gospel. Also, what was the judgement in the end against the tenants? I.E. what did you get?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Thanks for your reply.

I haven’t managed to recover any money as they have disappeared for now.

But I was awarded an amount for damage to place and theft of furnishings.

It didn’t include any action against the agents. They charged me for 12 months letting, the tenants only stayed for 3 months and they were not suitable which is the basis of my contract with the agents. They didn’t supply 12 months of tenants. Nor did they offer any help in pursuing them.

The details are Introductory Agency, fees 9% plus vat of the total rental term upon occupation date. responsible for advertising, marketing, securing suitable tenants, taking references, preparing contracts, collecting first monthly rentals (as they take there fees out of this), transferring bills.

Also when they had left I asked to see these references and they had nothing to give me so they didn’t vet them properly or even have any worthy references

Again - really depends on the EXACT wording of the contract between yourself and the agents.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!