ALready started with proceedings. What do I do next?

marina wood
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a a great way of claiming these undue fees back. Thanks for getting the site sorted for me and others.

What I am asking really is this. I sent the first DPA to Nationwide on the 20th June 2006. They recieved it on the 21st and it is all recorded and signed for. I have kept copies of everything this far. I haven't had an aknowledgment letter nor any communication regarding my letter to them.

The question is. Do I need to send them a reminder letter? Or do I need to just wait untill fourty days are up and then report this to someone?

Any help on this and my ongoing claim would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

[SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Started proceedings with NATIONWIDE on 20th June 2006. Waiting to hear from them now.[/COLOR] [/FONT][/SIZE] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]Phoned head office 27th July and I have mailed them also this evening in regards to my request. Still haven't heard a thing.- Update. they mailed mack and basically have suggested me paying another ten pound fee. They will have a letter sent to them Monday explaining they have seven days further to comply. Without the extra ten pounds. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [I][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]It's gonna be a tough ride... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

They should reply within the 40 days, they are taking ages to get these out to people as they must be so busy. If you haven't heard from them with a week to their deadline I would give them a call - I imagine you will get an acknowledgement letter sometime and there will be the contact number on there. If not, I have it and will pass it on.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Thank you Dolly. I just didn't wanna 'nag' and then thing go shirty with them So thanks for your advice. I'll keep this thread up whilst my claim is ongoing.

[SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Started proceedings with NATIONWIDE on 20th June 2006. Waiting to hear from them now.[/COLOR] [/FONT][/SIZE] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]Phoned head office 27th July and I have mailed them also this evening in regards to my request. Still haven't heard a thing.- Update. they mailed mack and basically have suggested me paying another ten pound fee. They will have a letter sent to them Monday explaining they have seven days further to comply. Without the extra ten pounds. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [I][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]It's gonna be a tough ride... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

Ok I have noted on my clander that they have until the 30th July for handing me the information requested.

It is now the 20th. What would be best for a reminder (as I still have not yet had any sort of aknowledgement) should I ring? And if so who?

It just feels like I am just in some sort of limbo with them., I mean if they had replied asking for more info, or even a 'thanks-we'll get back to you', At least I could say I have heard and I know it is being processed.

Any advice always welcomed.

There is a contact number for the DPA team - it is an answer machine so just leave your details. Number is 01604 855060.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

Ok I have tried ringing a few times met with that answer phone and there as been no reply or ring back as they suggest they do, This is only the request for the paperwork!! It is making me wonder that I shall be having a tough time with them. Could someone please give me a hand in dealing with them, Nationwide are at the end of their fourty day-to-get-back to me on the 30th. I've not heard a sausage from them. What do i do?

Hi Marina, I got my statements from my online account, if you have access to your account online then get them that way its easier. I have sent them the prelim letter but not heard anything yet. They have till wednesday and then the next letter goes out after that, court here I come!!!

:p :p :pCARMEN :p :p :p

I can only seem to get the last three years from online statements.. it isthe previous three to that that I am looking at getting. Good luck with yours though!

I had a reply from the Data Protection team at Nationwide telling me yes in fact my branch did recieve my letter when I said,. They had then posted it or fowarded it onto the DPT... and they didn't get it. So.. they have suggested me to send this letter again to a different adress supplied to me, but their wording seemed to suggest I'd need to pay another fee of ten pounds along with this following letter?!?!? I questioned it and am waiting to hear from them. I suppose I won't hear until later or even monday now. After the 40 days have actually been up.

Feel a bit silly as I maybe should have contacted them a lot earlier regarding this and then would have realised the missing letter situation and got another one out already. I'll keep this updated.

Well if you handed the letter into the branch with payment, then I don't see why you should pay again. Your not the only one who got a letter today, mine is the standard letter concerning terms and conditions and that I should maybe get a new account.......lol.....like I am gonna stay with them!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/17529-hope-works.html

:p :p :pCARMEN :p :p :p

Marina, this is totally unacceptable.

The Nationwide themselves have had the request, it is not your fault that they have lost it between departments and you should not have to wait because of it.

I would write them a very strongly worded warning letter giving them 7 days to comply otherwise you will be reporting them to the I.C. You could also contemplate putting in an estimated claim if you have a rough idea of how much it is. I know someone else has done that with another bank and won.....theoretically you could claim £4999 as they supposedly check the amount you are claiming anyway you should end up with the correct amount.

If you want to consider doing it this way, I'll do all I can to help you.

Thank you both for your support. I shall write the 7 day letter and also enclose a copy of the first letter I sent with it. Without the extra fee enclosed. That still has given them that extra bit of leeway mind.

I Managed to get the charges online from just the last year totalling over £800. So if I were to go down that other estimated route you suggest Dolly, I would just use that by the number of years instead. I do have a feeling though that it could come to more but if they don't get off their behinds and allow me the information (I should really have kept all my statements) I shall have to just do as your friend did.

Are there any template letters anyone else has used for the seven day warning I might be able to use as a skeleton? Sometimes wording things right makes all the difference. And sometimes I waffle..

Template letters are here. Do keep us updated and if there is anything else you need, just ask.

Thank you, I have used it and altered a few bits around. I will be sending this letter along with copies of the previous communication to them Monday by recorded delivery. Lets just hope they don't try giving themselves more time.... Isn't it frustrating? I am sure I'm not the only single mum here thinking they have enough on their plate? lol I do appreciate all you have done so far. Thank you. But I have a feeling this one might be a stormy ride. *sighs*.

Well we are all here to help, just remember that. I can imagine how frustrating it must be, especially as you know you will get your money back. At least it is all extra in interest :)

• Confused 1

Just as I'd imagined. THEY ARE ASKING FOR A FURTHER PAYMENT twits. I am not impressed. I have sent off the hard copy of the request MINUS the fee (as it has ALREADY been paid). They replied to me asking me to send the letter of to them which I did and enclosed the copies of what I had had previously with them. E-mails and stuff. Well seven days start from tomorrow. Then the real fun starts. Right now I'm in the mood for an intelligent happening.... shame noone at NW has the IQ to deal with it.

I am disgusted, I really am. How did you pay in the first place?

In my naivity I chose to send cash. But I did think that they would contact me if this was unacceptable. I hadn't at that point read all the posts regarding them not wanting cash but only cheque or postal order. So my own fault really. But I still would have thought they'd have contacted me and suggested alternative payment method. So no I wouldn't have a record of payment. Bit daft.

Surely though if they used their noggin when they contacted the branch to aknowledge reciept, they would have also questioned the fee?

They have replied by email about the missing letter saying basically I have to find out where the letter has gone and I should contact ely branch to find it as they didn't recieve, it... I KNOW they didn't recive it, THEY PHONED ELY BRANCH THEMSELVES TO CONFIRM that ely branch did infact sign for this damned letter and ELY BRANCH HAD SENT IT ON>>>>>> (IT GOT CONVENIENTLY LOST IN TRANSIT).... !!!

So now it seems to be a case of passing the buck..... any suggestions??? I did send the hard copy off... maybe I should just await their reply in hard copied writing.....

*steaming*

I know this might seem lazy on my part, But with a child who really does need one on one attention and not having much available time I have conceided and allowed someone who lives reletivley near me to take my case on. To date Nationwide still has not responded and to be honest I'd much prefer to pay this guy the 15% he is asking of total recliamed amount than to be keep mailing or writing to the banks myself. It feels as though I am banging my head against the wall with them and I'm getting nowhere.

It does sound like giving up but his success rate and knowledge surpasses my own... I'll supply his link here if anyone would like to use him also. Please just mention where you got the link from.

http://www.######.com/ Link removed - not permitted on this site

I'll keep this updated as to how he does for me. Thank you to everyone for your kind words of encouragement and help. Especially Dolly who has been invaluable.

I am asking for this link to be removed. Sorry. We cannot advertise services which charge you on here.

I really hope you win though and best of luck....you'll get there in the end :)

Keep us updated with the outcome if you like - but we know what will happen. You will get back 85% of your charges. Whereas if you'd have used the resources available on this site you would have got 100% of your charges back.

I hope you realise that all these glorified ambulance chasers are doing is exactly the same as what we would have advised you to do.

Your loss.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

For a moderator that was quite rude. I understand the thoughts and hard work behind this site and I appluad it, infact have advertised it as being a very good one.

I cannot say just how much time I don't have on my hands to deal with this and only said about this as being a single mum of a very demanding child it is hard for me to be able to do this alone. My questions of late weren't answered and it didn't feel as though I had the support I should have for the last bit.

Whatever I get back, beit 85% or the full 100% will be more than I do have right now, I am not a greedy person and if it calms my home life (one more thing I don't have to stress over) I think the small charge for someone else to do it is a good price.

And I don't think it is a loss. I think as I said whatever I get back is more than I have right now. I hope your site gains the desired responses and I will keep everyone informed as I know there have been a very good couple of people give me major support through this.

Maybe, Mr mod, instead of condemming people like me who are struggling you help and aid them.. you won't get them having to go to outside sources for help. Just my opinion.