I am a debt collector

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have no problems with DCA employees posting on here. For most of them it's the closest they'll get to living in the real world, and having decent people to talk to.

I think the main reason they're here, is because they're running scared and want to see what we're all up to. If we weren't a problem to them they wouldn't be checking up on us.

This thread is a classic example of why DCA's are hated so much.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/153292-call-serve-bullying.html

Wow..Whichever phone jockey spoke to that poor man must be really proud of themselves!!! Imagine going home after that..

"How was your day dear?"

"Fantastic my Love, I managed to get an extra £10.00 a month out of a man who is very ill, mentally confused, registered blind and living off of benefits - He was crying when I got off the phone but at least we can now buy that 12 pack of crisps we were looking at"

I shouldn't be shocked but I still am.....I just couldn't do it..

• Haha 1

:)** Any opinion expressed by me is given with the best intentions - But I could be wrong so bear that in mind**:)

Missed Call Checker - http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Calls.aspx/077/m

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is unenforceable most cases is that it was unenforceable at time of being "sold" to DCA so therefore goes back to client with request for them to invesitgate the reason it was sold.

I've never had any of mine go back to the bank, yet i have over 10 accounts with DCAs which are unenforceable. Yet they keep threatening all sorts. I'd have thought, after 2 years, they'd learn that this does not work with mem anymore.

A question to you - how can they send a debt back to the bank which has been bought under s.136 LoP 1925 as an absolute assignment? Wouldn't it need to be sold back to the bank in the same way?

Wow..Whichever phone jockey spoke to that poor man must be really proud of themselves!!! Imagine going home after that..

"How was your day dear?"

"Fantastic my Love, I managed to get an extra £10.00 a month out of a man who is very ill, mentally confused, registered blind and living off of benefits - He was crying when I got off the phone but at least we can now buy that 12 pack of crisps we were looking at"

I shouldn't be shocked but I still am.....I just couldn't do it..

This is why we should never give up. Promote this site whenever we can. We need to stop this happening to vunerable people once and for all.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Umm DCA having no authority, well the company that owns that debt has the legal authority. If you got a dbt from a credit card company, they own that debt and are legally able to collect money for that. If they sell that on (which they are allowed to do) then the legal authority transfers to the new owner. Similarly they can also employ a company to collect on their behalf whilst still legally owning the debt.

Well well, now we see the true colours of notsoevil. Her(or him?) seem to think that when a debt is sold the legal authority goes with it - how wrong. OC's rarley absolutely assign debts and in any event the only real way to truly assign a CCA debt is by novation. Dca's like to think that they obtain the 'legal authority' when they buy the balance, but in reality all they buy is 1 - 10% of the original balance and gamble on getting more from you than they paid. DCA's seem to think they can sue and threaten to protect their "bet".

Its about time everybody was made aware of how these "debt purchasers" actually make their money.

Guest forgottenone

EEB got there before me. Thing about me is once I have something to fight for, whether it be me or someone else ... it gives me a purpose. Direction. Something worth fighting for. Impetus. Wrongness is just one thing I will always fight against.

It seems fuzzybobble that notsoevil has taken your advice as he has just turned up on the thread you mentioned earlier call serve bullying!!

:o:o:o:o

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Nice to see that the members have caught on once again to another BS DCA employee trying to sucker everyone in.

Wonder what his thoughts are on harassing and threatenening court action and bankruptcy on an individual with no debts just because they have a similar name and DOB to someone who does have debts in another part of the country?

Does 'it' agree that this is an acceptable practice to be pursuing for 7 months with letters and telephone calls when the individual has informed you on three occasions that you have the wrong person?

Perhaps the MR NICE GUY (NOT) at the other DCA would love me to make contact to offer the Minimum 70% payment to settle the true debtors bill and save them all the hassle of actually locating the person who actually has the debt.

Perhaps that could be another step for the DCA to follow - try and force payment from innocent people - great profit to be made - especially if they pay and you can then try and locate the true debtor AGAIN.

- WOW that sounds fair to meicon8.gif

Sorry - newflash has just come in...

They do this anywayicon9.gif

Can I have a refil of my pills please.............

thebhoy

TBH i have noticed a few dca sniffing about just recently. Pretty blatent when they stand out like a sore thumb.

Just take what they say with a pinch of salt.

Here are your pills thebhoy

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

maybe we should offer them a few words of wisdom

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

They're here because they're scared. They want to know what we're up to. We have nothing to hide, they have plenty to hide. Also soon they will be exposed for the lying, cheating, lowlifes they are. They come on here as they know their days are numbered. If you can't get a job at a DCA then you have no future. If you already work at a DCA then your days are numbered. Better start filling in the application form for Maccy D's now. :p

Hi, my name is Kirsty. Would you like fries and an unenforceable CCA with that sir? :D:D:D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

yes,but you have to take into consideration those "freshmen" members who are already wound up to "high doh" when they come here and who aren't as au fait with the MO of these people......

it takes time to get a lot of people to see that there is hope when there seems to be none,without having to fend off fatuous crap from insidious individuals representing the very organisations putting them through the grinder in the first place.

This is why we need to look out for new members who are posting for the first time. When you post needing information/advice, you're scared and worried and check every few mins hoping somone will put your mind at ease by replying.

Even if you can't help. Post some words of support and send a link to the thread to a Mod or someone you know can help.

Everyone who posts on CAG is someone we can save from the DCA's. Someone who may know someone else who we can also help.

Spend 5 mins a day helping people on here, and over a year just a few people can make a huge difference to this country, and help get rid of the ones that likes to rip off the very people the whole country depends on.

• Haha 1

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Well said fuzzybobble,

from my own experience - ongoing - I got more in two nights after finding this site than I did with all my telephone calls and letters etc.

It may be good to have a specific section for people who do not have debts as such - (people currently with loans / cc etc and who are paying them rather than those being chased for debts from the past - if that makes sense)

People in my situation who are being harassed by DCA's for debts that are not ours and who have great difficulty in finding any sources of information or support networks to help us.

The knowledge, help and experience offered within this site is fantastic and, in general, the experiences at the hands of the DCA's is the same for all sections being targetted - however there are differences in the way specific ones can be dealt with.

Any views ????

• Haha 1

hello all

ive just come back to see if notsoevil was really a dca,,,,, i agree with you all, i remember the first time i posted on here and seen all the threads you really do kind of believe what you read in parts,

after a while though you are brought to reality, after you learn about your rights and the comments given by other people, i certainly have been helped a lot by a lot of people who have posted a lot of times, so eventually you get a feel who to trust etc

so for all newbies, my advice is of course dont be afraid to post but also be aware at first of the type of replies you get and eventually you will get to know the right kind of people,

i totally agree with fuzzybobble, we all need to try and help the newbies, our experience does count for something and ime so glad of the experience and time shown to me in my early days, now that ive got my creditors on a plan of sorts, im now trying to help others if i can.

however, im not surprised if the dca do trawl these boards, they really know what they have to do, but they get caught out by us that will not be treated like idiots, and getting to know our rights is the best thing we can do for ourselves, im so more confident in myself since ive started this journey.

I even got praised by the cab when i went to them for advice for the letter of complaint i wrote to a creditor!! I only was able to be articulate in my letter because of the kindess of people on here so thanks.

Knoweledge is power is my mantra,,,, no one now pulls the wool over my eyes - i treat this journey of getting rid of my debts as a business, and i hope to learn from it along the way so i can help others too and even more once im debt free.

Keep up the good work all Ciao for now have a fun weekend

MAZ

• Haha 1

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

hi maz. What happened to ur pic?

i agree with u all b4 i started my first thread i read pts littlewoods thread. inspired me to start my own thread about my own debts.

now i dont have all the companys chasing me and one fell at first hurdle.

now i have the ones i am willing to pay. C1 card for emergancys and my other card.

ok Studio are still chasing me but who cares i ignore them.

Hi All,

I think that this thread proves that if you keep communication in writing, rather than by phone, then you don't end up in a slanging match/crying/feeling sh*t (and by that I mean the DCA upon the receiving end of a CAG user;))

NSE does sound nice and fair in writing, on here.

Red

Spend 5 mins a day helping people on here, and over a year just a few people can make a huge difference to this country, and help get rid of the ones that likes to rip off the very people the whole country depends on.

I like that idea Fuzzybobble.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I try and point Mods to somebody when I can, usually though I 'guest' on the site at lunchtime at work and can't post... I've answered a few new posters here today, one doesn't seem to want to listen though but a mod is now on the case so I'm leaving it to them.

This site has helped me keep track of my aim of being debt free - not just in the short term, and for being aware of the tactics used by the ****** DCAs and CRAs has armed me with enough ammunition to bring them to a halt. No longer do I quake at opening a stripey envelope or answering an idiot on the phone. The two latest ideas are:

If somebody phones you ask politely if you can record the call as you can't make notes due to severe arthritis... either they will play straight or end the call.

If somebody's threatomatic machine goes into overdrive, send the letter back to them translated into a foreign language... using one of the google translators.... should raise a few eyebrows. Bet they don't even realise it's their own spiel!