Local Authority PCN-Help...pretty please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I would be extremely grateful for any advice that anyone can offer about a Local Authority PCN issued by Aylesbury Vale DC.

My wife parked in a council run carpark where the first hour is free but you still have to display a ticket from the pay and display machine. She had our 3 year old son with her and he decided that it was an ideal time to announce that he desperately needed a number 2 (kids eh?). Seeing as there was a toilet right next to the pay and display machine they quickly nipped in before they got a ticket. My wife got her free ticket immediately after but by the time she got back to the car there was already a PCN attached to the windscreen. They can only have been gone a few minutes but apparently a Civil Enforcement Officer (??!!) had observed the car for 5 minutes and then issued the PCN.

I am very doubtful that the clock in the pay and display machine is correct also because the free parking ticket issued states a time 5 minutes after the PCN was "served".

The PCN seems to have all the right words on it, it refers to the offence as a contravention and has the date it was served, so not much joy there.

I have already emailed the council contesting the PCN and asking them to have some understanding but I would love to have a bit more ammo to stick up them!

My gratitude would be boundless!!

Many, many thanks.

Looking at it from the Councils perspective all you had to do was go to the machine and get a free ticket which you failed to do. Your child needing the toilet could have waited another minute, what would you have done in other circumstances such as shopping in a supermarket or driving along a busy road? The only hope as far as I can see is for an error in the wording of the parking regulations since your ticket is free and not a pay and display it often allows for errors in wording.