Mortgage PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello philtay,

welcome to the ppi forum.

please check out the stickies at the top of the forum it may save you a lot of time in posting and waiting for someone to answer.

a few to get you started...

Links that may help with your claim for Mis-sold PPI

Financial Ombudsman Service

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...-insurance.pdf

Ensuring Personal Data is handled correctly - Data Protection Act

Financial Services Authority

For claims before 2005 and the FSA ruling from which campaign

Payment protection | Were you mis-sold PPI? | PPI - rules before 2005

Payment protection | Were you mis-sold PPI? | PPI - the rules

you should also find what you need to start your claim ie SAR information and much more. it takes some trawling through but a lot of useful stuff is available to you.

good luck;-)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks for the links. Where I'm having trouble is where it says

The adviser should have made it clear that PPI was optional (if this was the case).
Can the mortgage company insist that you take their product? Surely a court cannot uphold a claim on the basis of codes of practice (pre 2005). What legal basis can you take this to court?

regards

Phil

Hello Philtay,

I am uncertain about the position as regards a Court upholding a complaint on a code of practice not being adhered to. I know your PPI is pre 2005 but there were rules in place not necessarily statutes at law but certainly rules.

The FOS would look at this but I am not sure about a fast result in Court.

I understand you will want a sure fire case but PPI issues are still all over the place depending on a lot of different circumstances:

Pre 2005 or Post 2005.

Bank regulated by FSA

or Broker covered by FLA or GISC

Credit Card or Loan or Mortgage etc

at the moment people on here are trying all ways to find solutions and are being held up at every hurdle by unhelpful financial institutions.

I have a bit more info for you but my best advice is to take time to search the threads to see if anyone else has this problem and gain information as and when you can.

If the seller was an insurance broker or some other seller, such as a car dealership selling PPI alongside finance agreements, then the sale of PPI would not have been regulated before January 2005. But you may still complain to the FOS about PPI sold before then if the complaint is about a claim - where the policy does not pay out when you think it should do.

In this case it is the underwriters - the insurance company deciding your claim – that you are complaining about and these companies will have been regulated.

You may even be able to claim that a policy sold before 31 January 2005 had been mis-sold if you can show that the terms of the policy contract were unfair – again it would be the underlying insurer that you would complain against..

The best advice is to call the FOS helpline on 0845 080 1800 to find out if you have a case.

I am afraid I do not believe there are cut and dried answers to every case at the moment

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello philtay,

Just an afterthought to previous post.

If the sales person stated PPI was mandatory for you to get the loan but failed to check if the PPI would cover you or was suitable to your needs then it would be clearly mis-sold.

The PPI should have been able to cover your girlfriend for everything stated in the T & C.s and policy document.

Covering self employment, age, part time work or unemployed, pre existing medical conditions, and have given advice within the code of practice on length of the PPI, how it would cover her, You I believe would have a good case (but check with the site team and legal people) to claim mis-selling if you were told you have to have PPI but were not properly advised as to the level of cover etc.

hope this helps perhaps you could ask a member of site team/moderator to give a legal aspect to this.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from