2 Defaults for 1 Debt? EGG sold debt 1yr ago but updated credit report just last month? Lowell also recorded Default.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

2 Defaults for 1 Debt? EGG sold debt 1yr ago but updated credit report just last month? Lowell also recorded Default.

Hi.

Any advice would be really appreciated. Please can anyone tell me if I have put this thread in the right place too?

1) Received Letter from EGG dated 11/07/2007 advising me that they had transferred their rights & EGG Account to Lowell Portfolio. Also advised that the EGG Account had ceased and was now the sole responsibility of Lowell Portfolio.

2) Received Letter from Lowell Portfolio dated 13/07/2007 advising me that EGG had sold the account to them on 05/07/2007.

3) Obtained Credit Report from Experian.

4) EGG are still updating my Credit File! (Almost a year after they sold debt!)

They updated it in June 2008, saying that I defaulted on 28/02/2007. Funny because, in my previous Credit Report they said I defaulted on 11/05/2006 (that was updated 22/07/2007).

How can they change the default date? Because then the six years it stays on your Credit Report just keeps getting longer eh?

Anyway, am I right in thinking they are breaking the Data Protection Act, maybe the Fouth & Fifth Principles? They shouldn't even be processing my data, should they?

5) Lowell Portfolio have also put a default on there for the same account. They say I defaulted on 01/05/2006, that was updated on 17/02/2008. The date they say I defaulted does not match either of the 'EGG' default dates?

I was a bit silly as I sent a CCA request to both Lowell & EGG in November last year. No response from Lowell & not heard anything from them since.

EGG 'had pleasure' in enclosing signed credit agreement & last statement. The signed credit agreement was a computer printout (dont know if this matters) & the last statement is a bit odd, because:

It is dated 28/02/2007, it only shows these 3 things,

Balance Brought Forward £761.57

Charge Off Account £714.49

Refund Of Interest £47.08

I've no idea what the 'Charge Off Account' is for or the reason for them refunding the interest? However, they are still recording on my Credit Report that the Balance Outstanding is £761? Lowell are also recording the Outstanding Balance as £761?

EGG also enclosed a computer screen printout 'showing the issue of the default' but I can't see anything relating to a default on there? (did not receive the default in the 1st place by the way).

Please please can anyone help me? This is the 'easiest' of the four I've got, and my heads beginning to go fluffy with all the information I've read so far!

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be really grateful. I just don't know what my first step should be? Any ideas . . . .. . .. :evil: