Royal Mail Redirection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In this case they're actually correct - the service is provided under the Postal Services Act 2000 and is non-contractual.

Having said that, I don't understand how they can not give you a refund or provide the service you've paid for. What is the basis for refusing a refund? Has the problem been rectified?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Barracad is spot on. However I'd suggest you speak to the Delivery Office manager yourself (personal visit?). This often works wonders, and I've seen them extend the redirection period FoC to cover their cock-ups. Do also remember that as part of the redirection service, they advice the TVLRO, Social Security and Credit Reference agencies of your new details.

Do also remember that as part of the redirection service, they advice the TVLRO, Social Security and Credit Reference agencies of your new details.
How very nice of them :mad:

I suppose this is buried in the small print somewhere as I don't remember reading this when I had my redirect several years ago?

Yup - it's actually in the small print in their RM Redirection leaflet - and it's also shown on the website. As I understand it, they get PAID to supply your new details to a range of agencies, which puts the rervice completely into perspective. AND there is no 'opt out' available.

I'd suggest for any future occasion, slipping the new owners a £10 and leaving a suppply of postage-paid envelopes is a far more cost-effective solution (always assuming they're willing).

Yup - it's actually in the small print in their RM Redirection leaflet - and it's also shown on the website. As I understand it, they get PAID to supply your new details to a range of agencies, which puts the rervice completely into perspective. AND there is no 'opt out' available.

I may be wrong, but I thought there were a couple of opt-outs at the bottom of a redirection form to stop your details being shared?

I'd suggest for any future occasion, slipping the new owners a £10 and leaving a suppply of postage-paid envelopes is a far more cost-effective solution (always assuming they're willing).

There's no need to supply postage paid envelopes, just a supply of address labels - there's no need to apply fresh postage.

However, the Home Office advise you use Royal Mail's official redirection service to reduce the risk of identity fraud.

Identity Theft - What if it happens to you?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The 'redirection labels' plan is actually seriously flawed, but only because RM make it so. Mail not subject ot their own 'official' service is treated as virtual third-class mail and treated accordingly. A small trial of 20 pieces of mail back in 1999 resulted in 4 items being delivered the following day, 6 within the week, 3 took 3 weeks and seven simply disappeared. By paying a fresh fee - the mail is handled as normal.

Having now looked at RM's website, in addition to them not disclosing their (mis)use of the revised data you provide, they also credit check you - supposedly to verify your identity. You can be sure at THIS stage your new address will be provided to the CRA for 'security' purposes.

As for the Home Office's recommendations - really, the Government are the last people to advise on THIS matter, certainly with their track record.

Also this link will show the problem really exists - and this is from TWO YEARS ago!

Royal Mail targets junk at those already stressed by moving home - Telegraph

Edited by buzby