Why do I feel like the offender????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This morning I was hit by a guy who openly admitted to being uninsured. It's done about £1000 of damage to my car, which I'm not happy about (really - I'm not!)

He tried to drive off and got about 200 yards down the road before he realised I had got his index number and he then stopped and came back. He offered to get his mate "who does some car stuff" to repair the damage. When I suggested that it should go through the insurance as I want the job done properly he became very aggressive and warned me that if I went to the police I would be in "big f***ing trouble". That's a summary of a 10 minute tirade.

I have spoken to the police and thay have taken details but my problem is this: I now have 24 hours to produce my documents at a police station.

The documents are not a problem (except my driving licence which is currently in the custody of Derbyshire police cos I got done for speeding last week - another story) but why am I now being inconvenienced by having to produce my documents, all of which are checkable by the police on MIDB, VOSA and DVLA. The police have taken the index number of my car so THEY KNOW it is taxed and insured. A car fitted with ANPR would spot me if it wasn't so why am I now on a time limit to produce documents they already know I have?:-x

Thanks Kermit.

My point is that they can check my validity to drive on the road using ANPR but it seems they can't check the same details without me going into a police station.

They also want a witness statement from my wife but they will come to the house to take that

Thanks Kermit.

My point is that they can check my validity to drive on the road using ANPR but it seems they can't check the same details without me going into a police station.

They also want a witness statement from my wife but they will come to the house to take that

ANPR does not confirm your details it just alerts Police to vehicles that MAY not be legit, when you get pulled the Police will then check your documents.

I've got the receipt for my licence so that counts as far as producing is concerned as it confirms that I have one.

I'm just hacked off that I have to waste my time going to a police station to produce documents for an incident I wasn't even involved in and it has to be done today. If I was stopped roadside I would have 7 days.

No. I spoke to Notts Police yesterday and they told me I have 24 hours from the time I reported it to attend a police station and produce my docs.

I've done it now. Not a good sign when you walk into the nick and the counter clerk says "you haven't got another ticket have you?"

Off the record, it appears I've got bob hope of getting any money out of this guy as the van isn't registered for road use. I might just get the satisfaction of him being banged up for a bit. He did say that if he got done by the police he would lose his house (ASBO maybe?).

Do I give a s***? Not really:mad:

I went through the same thing, spent my time giving details to police. The name and address the guy gave me was false, the police couldn't trace the car, bet if it was involved in a murder or something they would have done. 8 months later had to pay for repairs myself. Regarding the Comp fund, it is only if your insurance is 3rd party, if you are fully comp you have to claim from your own insurance...outrageous I know

Whats worse is it goes down as an at Fault Claim (because you had to claim off your own insurance) when applying for insurance even though your not at fault, if you get what I mean

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

Because obviously if you have been hit by one uninsured driver you are so much more likely to be hit by another :grin:

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

The true definition of the word "Fault" has no baring when it comes to be used by insurance companies.

They simply explore any and all methods of increasing your premiums and/or reducing your "no claims discount". (Notice they do call it a no claims discount, but feel equally happy in taking it off you even when you have lodged "no claim")