Barclaycard, now with HFO services.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have an outstanding amount to Barclaycard of £ 1,631.79.

This time last year i sent off my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and received partial statements 4 times over a period of a couple of months.

My account is made up of £ 900 worth of charges, but as i couldnt get a full set of statements, i couldnt be bothered with them at the time. I had much bigger things to worry about.

Later on last year, i also sent off a CCA request, and much later received a copy of the agreement signed at the bank.

As you guys are so knowledgeable, and there is so much to take in, i wondered if anybody could point me in the right direction as the "debt" is now in the hands of HFO sevices who are threatening all kinds of things ( Yeah, bring it on, i got you guys )

I think i have done all that i should of done up untill now, i just wondered where to go from here.

I would welcome, good or bad, any suggestions.

Many Thanks.

TC.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

HFO - wonderful - I loathe these people...

The first thing is the agreement that you signed with Barclaycard is it enforceable - it might be an idea to remove anything identifiable and post it here for the experts to check - are you sure that its' an agreement and not an application form...

Secondly I would do another CCA request, this time against against HFO I would specifically ask for copies of the originals of any assignments, it might also be worthwhile doing an SAR against them as well. Presumably the scenario is going to assignment to HFO Capital then assignment to HFO Services. You want both copies of both assignments and also copies of the notices of assignment. Incidentally any letters that these nice people send you keep both the letters and the envelopes they came in. Perhaps also another SAR to Barclaycard

Have you heard from our friends Turnbull Rutherford yet or hasn't it got that far yet.

The other thing of course is the usual don't talk to them letters, either by fax or recorded delivery only...but you knew that

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Your user name must ring bells with countless numbers of members.

I will dig out my Barclaycard/Mercers/NCO/and many others folder over the weekend.

You are correct, it is an appication form i believe.

On 10 June 08 Barclaycard sent me a notice of assignment that with effect of 01 02 08 they have assigned my account to HFO Capital LTD.

On 12 June 08 HFO services sent an " Account Executive Assignment " letter telling me what a naughty boy i am. Pay up or be slapped.

Not heard anything from Turnbull as yet, but i only received the above letters over the last 2 days.

I just want to add that i am not trying to avoid my debt, its just that they wouldnt play ball with me, so i thought sod them.

I have received the usual defaults etc, but would like to resolve this one now.

Thanks again.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Are you sure that Barclaycard sent you notice of assignment - have you got the envelope it came in...check the postcode.

Another thought check the barclaycard terms - you may find that you have to be notified within 7 days or 28 days of an assignment...

The problem is that they won't play ball with anybody - the thing that annoys me is the way that they conduct themselves - the threats, the intimidation, the failure to be candid (OK the lying)

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

• 2 years later...