Arrow Global/Face2Face debt letter - help!!

macperc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it as I'm currently very anxious!

On Saturday I recieved the attached letters from Orange + Arrow Global / Face to face requesting payment £287.98 against an old mobile phone account.

This account has not been active for the last 4-5yrs and I've recieved no correspondance from either orange or any DCA in that time (however I did move house shortly after ending my contract)

As you can see the letter gives no detail of what the debt relates to but I am sure I had no outstanding balance when the account was closed. I believe this debt may relate to an episode where Orange believed they'd delivered 2 replacement phones accidentally when I should've only had one. I did not recieve this second phone which I told Orange and the matter went no further.

Can anyone give me any idvice on what to do? Do I have a county court judgemnt against me? Can I bailiff sieze my goods? Will this be reported as a default to credit agencies?

Any advice would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

James

Edited by ukaviator

Send am a SAR request for all statments etc associated with this account, as Orange have sold this to Arrow send it to them, they have 40 days to comply, this will then show you what charges etc have been applied, also ask them why if it was sold in 2007 it took them so long to advise you of this fact

The sar request can be found in the templates library, on no account sign the request and dont call these people, everything to be in writing.

A Doorstep visit not unless you invite them, the only people who can come to your property uninvited are the emergency services, court appointed representatives and the postman.

If this account has been around for so long then it may well be already on your Credit Reference file, you can check by going online with the appropriate CRA's

Personal information removed, thread moved for more help.

Can you be certain about the time the account was closed / not active?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the help so far and thanks for moving the post.

After reading over old threads I feel a little more relaxed and I think today I will send a "prove it" or "SAR" and see how that goes. I do still have a couple of worries though:

1. If the DCA can provide no evidence are they still able to report the acount as default and ruin my credit rating?

2. As the dept is old, if the account has already been reported as default then would paying the debt clear this?

3. I read "never sign the letter" but if I'm to send a cheque for "SAR" or "Prove it" this will obviuosly have to be signed?

As always, any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

James

PS I have no proof of when the contact ended however the account was registered to my home address and I've no contract from Orange/DCA for many years.

20080603110134194.pdf

Hi,

Can anyone help with this?

I'm interested in what result I will get by sending "SAR" or "Prove it" - o.k maybe I'll avoid payment but if the DCA or crediter reports/has reported a default on my credit history am I now stuck with this or can this be removed if the debt is unenforceable?

Very confused, my main aim is to avoid a default or ccj even if this costs me money.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

James

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the help so far and thanks for moving the post.

After reading over old threads I feel a little more relaxed and I think today I will send a "prove it" or "S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)" and see how that goes. I do still have a couple of worries though:

1. If the DCA can provide no evidence are they still able to report the acount as default and ruin my credit rating? This has already probably been doen, you would have to check you Credit file with the CRA's experian, equifax and the like

2. As the dept is old, if the account has already been reported as default then would paying the debt clear this? No once defaulted stays on for 6 years although if you dispute it you can sometimes gt it removed but it is very difficult

3. I read "never sign the letter" but if I'm to send a cheque for "SAR" or "Prove it" this will obviuosly have to be signed? send a postal order

As always, any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

James

PS I have no proof of when the contact ended however the account was registered to my home address and I've no contract from Orange/DCA for many years.

if over 6 years then it could be stat barred

Hi and thanks very much for the reply.

I think the debt is 4y/o, can you recommend my best course of action to prevent any further defaults being placed by DCAs? ie if the dept is not enforceable will I still get a new default every time the DCA sells the debt?

Would it be better to pay now and end it or can the default only show once and so will no longer show in 2yrs despite how many DCAs the debt goes through?

I can't afford any defaults against my credit history as I'm trying to save for a house should I just pay and be done with it?

Thanks again.

James

Hi and thanks very much for the reply.

I think the debt is 4y/o, can you recommend my best course of action to prevent any further defaults being placed by DCAs? Only one default can be applied and that is by the original Creditor ie if the dept is not enforceable If ti si not enforceable then they should not have placed a default, and you can get it removed will I still get a new default every time the DCA sells the debt? NO

Would it be better to pay now and end it or can the default only show once and so will no longer show in 2yrs despite how many DCAs the debt goes through?

I can't afford any defaults against my credit history as I'm trying to save for a house should I just pay and be done with it? This site does not advocate not paying any debts, so if you wish to pay then that is up to you, but in your shoes, I would not pay the DCA but attempt to sttle with the OC

Thanks again.

James

At the end of the day James it is up to you whether you pay or not, if you genuinly owe the money and can afford to repay it then do, if however you feel an injustice has been doen then fight your corner, these DCA's only exist because people do not yet know all their rights, they prosper by ignorance.

Thanks so much for your help, that's really cleared things up for me.

I have today sent a prove it letter by RMSD so I'll see what response I get. I'll probably follow this up with a SAR.

I have also requested a copy of my credit report to see if I have any defaults showing.

Thanks again,

James

Last question I promise!

If I am disputing the debt by "prove it" and "SAR" can a default be issued during this time?

If not then at what point can a crediter/DCA fairly issue a default notice?

Cheers,

James

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i to have recieved exactly the same letters from arrow for a debt to orange of £566 this debt was from september 2003, only they have sent these to my mothers address which i have'nt lived at for over 4 years my mother is disabled and has a live in carer. The carer has told them on the phone that i do not live there but told them she would pass on there contact details to me they have since phoned again harrassing the carer for information I E address phone numbers my question is this are they allowed to do this and is there any way of my mother stopping this harrasement as this has nothing to do with her hope no one minds me putting this in this thread but i'm new to this and did'nt no how to start my own thread:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

i got one the other day saying orange sold the debt on, its for 1056, its 5 years old and i have proof they wrote it off for house keeping.. this company will not make payment arrangements with me and i am at the end of my tether.. they are rude and keep saying the will come a collect things from my house. i keep telling them i live in Scotland but they don;t seem to care.

i have just had to call my bank and up my overdraft to pay them, they doped my owed balance to 750 for full and final payment. so at least they are off my back but i pitty anyone who have not got the same options.

they are really nasty and will make you feel small and ashamed for owing the money.. really makes me sick..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just a quick message to say a big thanks for all the help and advice.

Following a "prove it" letter to Face2Face I recieved a letter back stating that I would be removed from their systems and I would recieve no further contact.

Cheers guys,

James

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, i received a letter from "Arrow Global LLC" stating that they are the "data controller of my personal data". They are not registered with the Information Commissioners Office as data controllers.

The letter stated that i owed Orange over £700 from 2004 and any payments or correspondence from me to them must be made to Eversheds LLP.

Eversheds LLP sent me a letter stating that they are a solictors and have been assigned by their client Arrow Global LLC to collect payment from me.

I phoned Eversheds LLP and told their operator that i was recording the phone call at the start, he just continued the call with me. He informed me that the amount i owed was £491.28 so i asked why the amount in the letter is £702.55. He told me he had no idea why it was £702.55 so I have sent off a CCA letter to both Eversheds LLP and Arrow Global LLC.

Eversheds LLP who are ignorant, cheeky and unprofessional over the phone (i'd like to see them say to me in person what they said to me on the phone) said that they are not bounded by laws or regulations of the following organisations:

Office of Fair Trading

Trading Standards

Credit Consumer Council

They do say they are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

Orange sent me a letter a few years ago stating that they had written off the debt i owed them. I phoned Orange stating the orange account number both Eversheds LLP and Arrow Global LLC gave me as the one i had with Orange. Orange said that the account number is incorrect and that there was a digit missing from it. When i gave my name and old address they were able to find the old account from 2004 but they were not worried about money and were very nice when talking and told me that they had complaints about Eversheds LLP from other people and they told me to CCA Eversheds.

When i told Eversheds what Orange said they told me that they did not have to prove anything to me or send me anything stating that their client owned the debt. They also said that Orange did not send them any information or paperwork regarding this debt.

I think it is about time Eversheds LLP and Arrow Global LLC are investigated by the authorities and their licence for debt collection is revoked!!