Advice on car repairs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just joined site and saying hello. Also sorry to start with a problem but I do need a bit of advice.

I've recently bought a 2002 Mondeo from a dealer (3 months ago). Usually I'm very good at spotting a decent car but this one seems a bit of a muppet. In the last three months I've replaced a front suspension strut £100, Battery £70, Starter motor £110, Dual mass flywheel and clutch £550 and now it seems I have a problem with the injectors and this could be anything up to £800.

I got in touch with the dealer about the clutch but he didn't want to know! The car has done about 118000 miles so I expected some repairs but this is getting rediculous. Is there any action I could take with the dealer or is it my fault for buying a high mileage car?

Any advice gladly recieved.

Thanks

Sirhandle.

Did it come with any warranty, i pressume not!

However the vehicle must be fit for purpose when sold, irrespective of MOT. It sounds to me that the things you replaced are wear items and should have been attended to prior to be sold. this is a dealer after all.

Did you give them the opportunity to put these things right at the time they went wrong?

If not your case may be weakened. However seek trading standards advice and go to cab.

contact garage and tell them what you are going to do, to see if they respond. you must keep them informed and give them every opportunity to sort out.

Then send final letter before action if you intend to take them to small claims court.

There was no warranty included in the deal and I did buy the car cheap; £2800 which is about £1000 under book price even with the high mileage. I didn't bother with the first repairs to get in touch with dealer as I always expect some faults and will deal with them myself. I did get in touch verbally about the clutch as it was such a big job. All the dealer said was that he was unable to help as I had bought the car at a very cheap price. I'm getting the car analysed by a garage tomorrow to check if it is the injectors, as I suspect, and if it is I need to know where I stand with getting the dealer to make the repairs. It seems by reading other forums here that I have a case about the car not being fit for its purpose and that these faults must have existed prior to buying. Is this right?