yorkshire bank can anyone help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello can anyone help me 2 weeks ago i asked yorkshire bank in writing for information about my account charges 10 days passed & nothing then i sent another letter asking if they had recieved my first letter and enclosed another copy of letter with another £10 cheque yesterday i came home to a fully ripped open envelope that had been posted to my husband containing my husbands bank statements with the last 12 months missing and the first 6 months missing from the full 6 yrs.i telephoned them to say they had sent my husbands and not mine and was told i didnt put the account i wanted them for in my letter to them this is why they sent out my husbands.i did state the account i wanted them for quite clearly in my letter and the letter was sent and signed by me and i have photo copyed letters & cheques i have sent (are they allowed to send out my husbands statements to me without him asking ).i was told there was no charge for the statements they had sent and one of my cheques had been destroyed & my account statements will be sent out to me shortly because of the state in which i recieved my husbands statements i asked could i pick them up in person at my branch and she agreed to telephone me when they arrived (today or monday )i am now waiting for them so i can collect them .me and my hubby have always been a bit too layed back with money and in the past we didnt really have many problems and we never really looked at bank statements or checked things (what idiots i know but we were young busy and without many worries )until the last 12-18mth where we have really struggled i i know the charges have left us in a mess and sometimes pennyless just from the 4 1/2 years statements i recieved of my husbands i have totted up around £4,000 this is just in basic charges without calculating any interest whatsoever this was from the time when i never really worried and didnt even notice the bank had charged us and the worst being the last 12 months are missing .my account im embarassed to say is a very similar story and i am expecting to be shocked on how much it will add up to .i havent yet asked for husbands details but i am now worried is there a reason behind them sending these out to me and will it create problems when i try to obtain them again because what they have sent isnt all i need and i would have to re ask for his sending .this was only 2 days ago i recieved his statements

also i havent seen anyone with such large amounts what happens if your claim comes to more that 5,000 for small claims court,can you take out 2 claims up to £5,000 each

should i wait and see how mine goes before asking for husbands statements or is it best to ask now .

and when i recieve my statements do i calculate the interest using the interest calculator on this site for each amount and will i get away with asking for this back ?

please if anybody can advise me it would be of great help i have read up loads on this and do clearly understand the procedure but the amount they could owe us between us will be a massive amount and they will already know this

Dont worry about the interest for now, you can split your claims if it looks like you'll exceed the £5000 limit, just concentrate on getting the rest of hubbys statements and your own, you shouldn't have to pay anymore fees ok?

Am I reading this right Susie:

You asked for YOUR 6 years of stements.

You recieved your husbands minus year 2000 & July 05 to July 06?

The last bit is an easy one. Pre & post July 05 statements are generated from different places & arrive seperately (it's when they changed the style of the statements). So, the July 05 to 06 should arrive any day now assuming the branch ordered them.

You need to phone network support in Glasgow (their number is all over the YB forum) & explain they've sent you the wrong info & they should sort it out for you there & then over the phone. Also check that your husbands July 05 to 06 have been ordered while you're on there.

As cillit said above, concentrate on getting all your statements for now & then you can work on the amounts & splitting down your claims so they are for the full amount but split into seperate claims of under £5k each.

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full