Kenny VS Abbey

yay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well 1st post so hello !

Have read a lot on here over the last week (esp nnelson amd whizzkid). Great site and will donate for sure. Seems to me that if you stick to the instructions and don't get caught out by the letters and threats then they will eventually pay up (unless there is a test case pending). I know the tricks they are going to pull.

Ok so here is the situation. The last year I have had NO bank charges !! Realised about a yr ago that it was in fact Abbey that was making me poor, not so much the usual credit cards and so on. Got into the classic charge circle, every month losing £100 - £400 in charges and then not having enough to pay everything

Ran up a £1,700 OD with Abbey which is now £1,400 and falling each month. I in fact earned enough to pay all house/car bills and have £300 left over. Family helped me sort things so that at least the bank stopped charging every month which is great.

Just sorting a parachute account out and have a few questions before sending the initial request for charge details (2 yrs info I have shows £1,800)

My new account is asking if I require all DD's etc moved when I open the account - won't Shabby twig what might be going on? Moving salary will mean they might try and call in the OD straight away. I have enough saved up to clear this if need be but what exactly can they do if I decide to pay it back at say £100 a month?

Is there anything I should know about doing this in Scotland - any difference to England?

Any help would be appreciated and I will update on what happens!! Got angry looking through old statements and seeing exactly what the problem was, time to get even :)

Cheers and good luck to you all!

Kenny

Hi Kenny

First of all welcome.

I am quite new to this as well, although I have now filed my claim, but my advice would be firstly have a good read of the FAQ's if you havn't already done so. There is so much information in there, that will definately help with your case. Secondly, there is also a section on there for scottish procedures, have a read of those. And finally, everyone on here is extremely helpful and knowledgeable, and will answer any questions that you have. Keep us updated on this thread with your progress.

Go for it!

Jayne

Abbey - Prelim sent 17th May £2560.00 + £191.44

LBA sent 1st June

Claim Filed 27th June 3349.90 Inc Interest + Costs

Court Papers Served 3rd July

Claim Acknowledged 10th July

50% Offered 27th July

Settled Out Of Court 1st August £3080.45

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request 31st July

Hi,

Have been reading the site over the last few days inc the FAQ section and it seems to be the best one around. I have decided just to quietly open this other account and not transfer everything just yet. If Abbey get nasty then I can repay the OD with savings I have, and move if I really need to. Preparing the initial request for statements - wish I had done this a few months ago as I am sure the banks are working on getting round this on some tiny technicality

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

Well I have setup a new account and it is now ready. SAR letter all ready and will post in the morning http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-data-protection-act-subject.html

One things springs to mind though, I know they are going to stall on this and I will end up estimating anyway - can I not just estimate from the statements I have managed to find rather than waiting 40 days for the evidence in full. Any reason why I cannot skip the SAR stage?

Cheers

Kenny