angry_nick -vs- abbey... location for zeppelin required

angry_nick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, fantastic site.

Just a short note to say i have read all the information, threads and FAQ's and followed the advice to the letter. I decided to write to and then claim against Abbey UK Head Offices citing their Chief Executive personally.

Abbey's replies to my requests were fairly standard and they have threatened to close my account. I have decided to with draw £37k in cash from the account, move my £475k mortgage away from them in direct response to their threats and have contacted a friend of mine who is the editor of a large regional newspaper to cover the case in minute detail if my claim is successful. He will also post the details of the claim on-line for me.

I have access to a huge inflatable Zeppelin that I have used for advertising work for my clients (the kind you see in the sky with company logos on). It is 100ft long and conveniently is currently coloured red. I would be happy to print a slogan on the side if somebody can supply and suitable site we can tether it to that is somewhere near Abbey HQ or a large Abbey branch. Suggestions for the slogan also welcome.

If Abbey defend the claim, which I suspect they will I do not require a court buddy as I intend to appoint my Lawyers, Eversheds, to make the case on my behalf. Bugger the expense, I plan to teach these ******** a lesson and demonstrate to them that I am the biggest hellraiser they'll ever meet.

Thanks again for a great site and good luck to everyone.

Nick

[MODERATED: Language please!]

Go Nick - like your style!!!!!!!!!

The press would love the zeppelin picture I am sure.

Keep us posted on your claim x

7th June mcol £30 + 276.00 + int17.37=£323.37 Abbey

Accepted £291 chq cleared 28th July

7th June mcol £120 + 1135.02 charges + 83.42 chq for £1438.44 paid to bank 2nd Aug

Bradford city centre would be a great location...that's where they have a huge Branch and is the place where the data protection stuff goes and is the main office for customer services. Plus I would have the satisfaction of being able to see it first hand:)

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

Well it seems like Abbey have cut off their nose to spite their face with this one. I am sure that although the sum you are claiming is very significant, you would think that abbey would look at your account and decide it was worth paying back the charges and keep you happy as a customer. And at the end of the day, they are still going to have pay it back!

Abbey - Prelim sent 17th May £2560.00 + £191.44

LBA sent 1st June

Claim Filed 27th June 3349.90 Inc Interest + Costs

Court Papers Served 3rd July

Claim Acknowledged 10th July

50% Offered 27th July

Settled Out Of Court 1st August £3080.45

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request 31st July

This one I just have to watch as I'm in Harrogate @ 14 miles away from Braford.

Check on the slander law beforehand though :-D

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

Sky high charges...but seriously, I like your style and your resolve to place the buck where it belongs.

See the steps I took to get my bank charges back.

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Thank you Consumer Action Group.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Or "Abbey Snatch-All"

or "Get the Abbey Habit - and live like Monks!"

or "Get the SHAbbey Habit!" ? :shock:

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

Love the idea - perhaps needs to be a little less Abbey specific, although I can understand your desire to have a go at them..

SKY HIGH BANK CHARGES?

There is another way.....

Consumer Action Group .co .uk

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Not if you keep the message non-bank specific

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Much as I hate to say London, how about Threadneedle Street - home of the Bank of England? Maximise the publicity potential.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.