2 Default notices on same account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just been looking through my paperwork for a personal loan that I have got & have found 2 default notices for the same account but different dates. One October 2007 & the other Jan 2008. Are they allowed to do this?

No is the simple answer. It's one default per account. How did the second default come about? Often these happen because the OC defaulted you and then it was passed to a DCA and they defaulted you too.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

No is the simple answer. It's one default per account.

Not strictly true - if the first default notice is satisfied by the debtor within 14 days then the cycle needs to start again in the future.

Did that happen in this case?

I have just received a letter from this company chasing me for payment. I have already CCA'd them & received the agreement which I have been told is enforceable.

I was going to write to them offering them token payments on the account for the time being but what should I do about the 2 default notices?

Firstly you need to contact the CRA's in writing who should remove the second of the defaults on the account.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.