advice ((just wondered really )) any help will be fine

dcdkpug
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we brought a car renault scenic over weekend just gone

this was what was on advert

Full Description:

5 Doors, Manual, Estate, Diesel, 129,000 miles, RED, MOT-08-2008. ABS, Air conditioning, Central locking, Electric windows, Electric sunroof, Power assisted steering. Insurance Group:6, taxed till july 08,cambelt changed at 117000,very clean and tidy,drives very well,2 former keepers,,07................, £1,199

right we agreed price of £1100 before we set off to view it as our budget chap said ok we made way to view it chap met us at train station had lookover it etc my mrs went with him for spin he was driving as my mrs wouldnt as new car etc getting used to it etc and all that as long as she liked it and paper work was fine she liked it me ive drove that many in my career i just want a car for the mrs and son etc you know what i mean

the bloke took us to his garage car lot we decided to get the car anyway

but just carnt noticing if its just me or if im having one of those moments but i suspect the clutch might need replacing very soon

we noticed some odd noise with the heater but aint fussed about that but the clutch we are plus a possible wheel bearing the mot is up in august this yr it aint that bad of a motor well its 10yrs old and that plus we been looking for a while

been reading some other posts about asking the trader to see if he'd pay to get it done but where you reckon we'd stand my m8 told me a garage trader etc should give automatic warranty with it oh by the way paid by bankers draft for the £1000 and £100 cash on the receipt he put sold as seen and tried yet we never tried it in that way

like we said just wondered thats all dont mind paying for it in one way just dont want to be had over the fence aint a £50.00 quid car

Did you take it for a test drive? Did you notice the problems before or after you purchased it? If before, did you mention anything to the trader?

Perhaps if you could use a little punctuation instead of the 'txt tlk' then it would make your post easier to understand.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

First off - 'Sold as seen' has no legal standing, it does not exist.

Second - book it in for an MoT as soon as possible, like tomorrow. This has nothing to do with the clutch, but will show up any problems with wheel bearings and anything else that may be wrong.

On completion of the MoT, post up the results.

Edited by Conniff

ok connif thanks for that took it to my other friend today to get clutch looked at he said it was fine must be just me and my driving ha ha hey yes will take it to garage for mot to see etc rgds let you know outcome

You will probably have had an 'advice' sheet with the MoT certificate that shows thing that are not failures, but which should be attended to.

If you did not get an advice sheet, go on the Vosa site and have a look at any advice the MoT station issued, but which the dealer kept from you.

MOT Information - Introduction

clutch is fine gearbox a tad noisy but nothing to worry about apparantly i noticed 2 rear tyres the sidewalls are perished still not mot'd it yet etc looking to do this next week

• 1 month later...

gear box is going to need replacing im sure of it but im going to garage tomorrow to get level checked as for mot ill have to get it done asap when i get my money etc but we can not help noticing problems getting into gears now and then but will ask garage

what you reckon to me asking garage who we brought car off to sort it out under the sale of goods act etc ??

With respect, a lot less than it was a month ago when you were told to MOT it/check these things out....

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

You also need to be aware now that MoT tests are computerised, that if it fails the MoT test, it will flag as such on ANPR until it subsequently passes.

Absolutely

I would only take it for a pre MOT check, they can carryout all tests required, if there are some items that need attention but are not dangerous you should be informed.

Sharkie