Kensington want to evict us again !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. Just thought I would let all you long suffering Kesington Customers(i use that term losely) I have a letter today telling me they are dropping the rates on both my mortgage and secured loan. They are now both lower then when I first took them out. My mortgage has dropped £100 a month. yay.

Keep a look out for that postman guys

olives xx

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi im hoping someone can help me

my boyfriend has got into a mess with his mortgage payments due to lack of work.

facts....

he was 3k behind on payments last year, it went to court where it was agreed with the judge that he could pay the monthly payment plus 500 cover the arreas, he did well with this up till november time when work dryed up again (he is a builder)

he is now 7k in arreas (total) and has received an eviction notice for the 3rd april, ( he did not receive notice that they had applied for one)

he has spoken to the mortgage company last week prior to receiving the eviction notice and agreed to pay 2.5k by end of this week then a mortgage payment begiing of april then a mortgage payment and 100 towards the arreas in begining of may... he put all this in writting to them, and asked that they would send in writting and they said no need to as is on there system.... are they just trying to take money off us then evict us anyway..... its so hard to think when you thought you had sorted with them and then comes an eviction notice on the door step stamped by the court... please help

xx

hi im hoping someone can help me

my boyfriend has got into a mess with his mortgage payments due to lack of work.

facts....

he was 3k behind on payments last year, it went to court where it was agreed with the judge that he could pay the monthly payment plus 500 cover the arreas, he did well with this up till november time when work dryed up again (he is a builder)

he is now 7k in arreas (total) and has received an eviction notice for the 3rd april, ( he did not receive notice that they had applied for one)

he has spoken to the mortgage company last week prior to receiving the eviction notice and agreed to pay 2.5k by end of this week then a mortgage payment begiing of april then a mortgage payment and 100 towards the arreas in begining of may... he put all this in writting to them, and asked that they would send in writting and they said no need to as is on there system.... are they just trying to take money off us then evict us anyway..... its so hard to think when you thought you had sorted with them and then comes an eviction notice on the door step stamped by the court... please help

xx

Get everything in writing - "on the system" is no good to man nor beast. They should send you a letter as a matter of course. Ring them today if noting has been recieved within 3-4 working days of the arrangement being made by phone.

The Mods will be along and move this to its own thread I expect, but you need to say what lender etc to allow peeps to help you further.

In knowledge lies wisdom

Mo - not even a bar-stool lawyer, but I'll help where I can...

Hiya Mandybird.

I am sorry to here of your o/h mortgagr wrries. If you start a new thread(if you are not sure how just yell) then you will stand out a lot more and will get a load more help. Like Last of the Mohicans said you will need to say who the lender is an the guys on here will be able to offer loads of advic.

Olives xx

Mandy - if you're reading this I have replied on one of your other posts - please start your own thread and we can continue to advise and help you defend the eviction.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish they would drop mine.......was told when we took ours out 18 months ago that a fixed rate would be best:-x:-x:-x:-x

Barclays claiming £5269.63

LBA sent 17/05/2006

money claim filed 31/05/2006

court date 8th September 2pm

offered full refund 1st Sep

:D money credited to account :D

2nd September

:) Help this site to keep going please donate by clicking the button:)

• 3 years later...

Hi All

This is more of a step by step blog of my Fighting bak than asking for help, although any help or advice along the way will of course greatly appreciated.

If you look up my username and compare it against Kensington Mortgages I will come up quite a few times. For lots of different reasons Kensington tried to evict it me and my family. With the enormous amount of help from people on this site I successfully each time went to court and stayed in my home.

Kensington Mortgages have never been my friend and for quite a few years (once I relaised what sub prime was) I have felt that our mortgage was mis sold.

I will start our story from the beginning

2002 we brought our first home. We had a mortgage with Bank of Scotland under my Husbands name. No arrears throughout the short we was with them. In 2003 for whatever reason we decided to re mortgage. I think it was to clear a few debts and do some home improvemnets. Neither of which was particularly important and and we would of survived with out the money.

Hubby was a commuter working long hours so it was down to me to do the digging around. I searched on line and remember seeing an advert for a company called TML. I believed they would search the market and get me a good deal. We went through the process of meeting the adviser and agreed to the mortgage. We agreed on his suggestion to a Self Certification Mortgage.

My husband was a full time employee so we did not need a self cert motgage, it was a way of them including Tax Credits and Benefits as income. in other words we were borrowing more than we could afford and they were letting us. We were unaware we were being sold a "sub prime" mortgage. had we of known this and known what it was then we would of never have remortgaged. We would of carried on as we were and tried to improve our credit rating. After signing our mortgage agreement with TML it was handed directly over to Kensington Mortgages and we have been stuck with them ever since.

So I wanted to make a complaint a few years ago but came to a dead end when I realised that TML had ceased trading so didnt think I could do anything about it and struggled along. I have since found out about Finiancial Services Compensation Scheme. They deal with complaints about companies just like TML.

I have taken my complaint to them. I am now routing through all my paperworks to find all I need to complete the forms.

I am aware that this before FSA and nobody was covered by such things but I am going to give it a shot anyway.

I will post everything that happens as it happens on here.

I am determined they pay for mine and my families misery

Olives xx

Hi ya..

Have you applied to HMLR for an official copy of the mortgage deed as yet??...May I suggest you do so as party to your 'fighting back'...

The reason I say this is because if for any reason you find that the mortgage lender has not signed the deed - then you may stand a good chance of fighting them with the backing of the Law.

Hope this helps?

Apple

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

• 4 months later...

Hi all

I have a huge history with kensington since you guys have helped me immensely with repossession quite some time ago. We have managed to be up and down with our payments due one reason or anouther but finally seemed to have an offer accepted by Kensington that we can afford and have been happily paying with a missed payment this year.

This morning I get a letter I will type the letter for you all to see.

" I refer to your recent telephone conversation on 10 July 2013, in relation to your mortgage and loan which currently have arrears as follows

loan- £22,093.96

mortgage- £10.062.46

You proposed to pay £25 in addition to your regular monthly payment. Your mortgage monthly payment is £718.46 and term remaining is 21 years and 9 months. In order to clear the arrears within the term we would require and additional £39 per month, therefore a total of £757.46

As you will be aware due to a change to the Consumer Credit Act 1974 there has been a restructure to the way your loan account is administered. Therefore all fees are now arrears bearing , at present you are incurring approximately £200 per month in fees. Therefore if you paid and additional £25 your arrears would never clear. We therefore require a minimum of £225 to be paid in addition to your regular monthly payment which is currently £305.10

The total required by us is £1287.56 per month and when we checked your income and expenditure this is affordable. i would urge you to seek independent financial advice if not already sought and then contact me to confirm if you are able to maintain the above payments"

Shocked to say the very least. Yes we are heavily in arrears but Kensington usually charge £50 a month fees if you are not in an arrangement. But to actually ask me to agree to £200 fees for being IN an arrangement. Thats near on £50,00 in fees !!!!!!!!

I have just spoken to the person from Kensington who wrote me the letter. He wouldn't explain the fees and tried to hand me over to somebody else. i am now waiting a call back.

Any advice, any body else had one of these letters ????

Olives

Hi all.

My self and my husband are on the brink of saying enough is enough and are considering Assisted Selling.

This week we received a letter trying to add £200 a month in fees to our secured loan due to the fact we are in arrears.

These fees will continue until our arrears are cleared.

we currently have an arrangement with them that has just come under review.

This is to pay £25 a month for the rest of the mortgage term.

if we continued with this and have to add the £200 each month on top that will be near on £50,000 in fees but the end of our mortgage.

Of course we are doing all we can to see what the hell they think they are doing.

We have totally had enough.

We have been steadily paying throughout this year as we did run into difficulties with them last year.

I am now facing the awful call of telling them that again we are stuck due to numerous reason and cannot pay them till next Thursday which will make us a week late.

They are not going to be best pleased as we are on more than our last warning

When I spoke to Kensington last week there was a mention of assisted selling.

Anybody know much about this ??

We really want shot of them now. Have a few years renting let everything sort itself out then maybe get back on the ladder in a few years time.

We are very worried about the shortfall as there will be one due to the amount of arrears.

I am just starting to go for charges from Kensington on both the mortgage and secured loan

but I know that will be a lengthy process as they will obviously oppose me at every chance.

I am also going for mis selling of the mortgage itself with the Financial Compensation services as it was TML

who sold the mortgage and are no longer in existence but again that will be a lengthy process

Any thoughts ??

Olives xx

Will try and find someone who can advise on this. This is the 2nd complaint about these fees today.

No it isn't.. it was you posting on another thread :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Olive, no.. when I went to check, it was you who had mentioned it on another thread .. sorry.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?244476-Reclaim-unfair-mortgage-arrears-fees-FSA-says

I have sent an S.O.S out for you, but have a read of the link above.

BCOBS

:thumb:

BCOBS

Hi Olives, Kensington certainly like to try your patience don't they :( You should write to them as a formal complaint and request these charges are removed from your account and at the same time ask for the previous charges back. If you need help with the letter you know you only have to ask :)

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hello Ell-enn, I have come to the conclusion they just don't like me lol. I have spoken to the FOS and they have written to Kensington telling them I have a complaint, so I will see what that does. Do we have any success stories yet with Bank Charges ??

What do you think of this Assisted Selling ?? I reckon it will soften the blow when I tell them that I cant pay them till Thursday xx

Hi Olives

Never heard of this assisted selling.Thought that was what an estate agent did.

Makes you wonder if all they are trying to do is protect their income and not necessarily act in your best interest.

Will they charge you for this "service" and if so how much.Ask them cos you need to know a lot more before making any decisions.

Good luck woodmio

Hi Olive.Family

Kensington Mortgages were in trouble in 2010 for not treating their customers fairly.Their table of fees has no mention of £200 a month in arrears fees, see here:

http://www.kmc.co.uk/content/dam/kmc/new-documents/Intermediary%20Literature/Mortgage%20Administration%20Tariff%20of%20Fees.pdf

The fees they are trying to charge you are excessive. How long do you have to go on the mortgage?

Have you completed an income and expenditure sheet yet?

The mortgage companies claim that they are justified in charging these fees to cover "administration" costs incurred when informing you of your predicament. However, everybody knows that it doesn't cost £30-£40 to draft a letter or make a phone call.The fees do not reflect actual costs incurred. In other words they are penalty fees not actual losses.

Edited by ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi Olives

Never heard of this assisted selling.Thought that was what an estate agent did.

Makes you wonder if all they are trying to do is protect their income and not necessarily act in your best interest.

Will they charge you for this "service" and if so how much.Ask them cos you need to know a lot more before making any decisions.

Good luck woodmio

Hi woodmio, Kensington said that we would get the house valued and they would help us get a sale (obviously a quick one) in the mean time they may accept a lesser monthly payment. Xx

Hi Olive.Family

Kensington Mortgages were in trouble in 2010 for not treating their customers fairly.Their table of fees has no mention of £200 a month in arrears fees, see here:

http://www.kmc.co.uk/content/dam/kmc/new-documents/Intermediary%20Literature/Mortgage%20Administration%20Tariff%20of%20Fees.pdf

The fees they are trying to charge you are excessive. How long do you have to go on the mortgage?

Have you completed an income and expenditure sheet yet?

The mortgage companies claim that they are justified in charging these fees to cover "administration" costs incurred when informing you of your predicament. However, everybody knows that it doesn't cost £30-£40 to draft a letter or make a phone call.The fees do not reflect actual costs incurred. In other words they are penalty fees not actual losses.

Hi UK aviator

Yes we did complete an income/expenditure a few months back with help from CAB. CAB made sure it was affordable obviously but Kensington have said that looking at the form we can afford £200 as well. BUT they have stated these are fees and not payments towards arrears.

We have 20 years still left on our mortgage. We currently pay a small amount each month towards the arrears which is set to run throughout the term of our mortgage. I said i didnt think we could afford it. Kensington said that pretty much they would have the house then.

Kensington said that the £200 fees are due to the recent changes in the Consumer Credit Act. I done my research, contacted the FCA and the OFT and neither knew what kensington where talking about.

I have now printed an SAR for both the Mortgage and Secured Loan. Just a shame its gonna take so long to sort as I reckon that is the bulk of the arrears

Olives xx