British credit trust - Payment Advice Pls :-)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Well Where Do I Start?

Bought A Car Through Bct Back In Sept 05. Never Missed A Payment - They Worked Out The Finance Part Hp Part Loan.

My Partner And I Have Been Struggling This Year To Be Honest And I Think In Nov I Didnt Make Payment But Then Halved What I Owed And Paid As An Additional Amount In Jan And Feb (hope That Makes Sense)

Anyway I Dont Earn A Lot And 'him Indoors' Is Self Employed. March I Phoned Them And Said I May Need To Pay Middle Of The Month If Possible. The Other Half Bceause Hes So Short Of Waork Has Gone Away O Find Some And Consequently I Haven't Got The Money To Pay Them.

I Phoned A Very Unhelpful Lady To Talk About It Today And Shes On About We Want A Credit Card Payment Today Else We Won't Make Any Other Agreement For The Money Owed (i Had To Pay It End March - Hardly Massively Outstanding) So I Basically Said Thanks For Your Help (not) And Finished The Call.

I Have Tried Though Haven't I ? Or M I Wrong To Assume That She Was A Bit Stubborn Today?

The Agreement Is For 5 Years.

Interested To Hear Any Comments You Might Have

Thanks X

Reading these type of problems in lots of threads says to me that these companies want you to default, almost praying for you to do so, and then they can add on charges.

As the cab said in a press release 'it is the inflexibility of these companies and banks that are getting people into trouble.

If you were a persistant defaulter I could understand (maybe) their attitude, but not someone who has paid so much and only ever made one late payment, does your record not stand for anything.

I swear they must get enjoyment from other peoples problems.

Don't phone any more Becky, if you come to some agreement and they change their mind, you have nothing on paper with which to confront them.

By recorded delivery, explain that your husband is out of work and is it possible to make an arrangement to pay lower amounts for a few months or even extend the loan and give you a payment holiday.

Others with more experience will be along to assist you later with maybe some better solution than I can think of.

• Haha 1

Hi Becky,

Further to Conniff's comments, if they see an opportunity to do so, the loan Co may ask if you want to extend your loan to make the pay'ts "easier" for you.

Think carefully beforehand as it may end up costing you 100's or 1,000's more in interest.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

i have car finance with 1 year to go

I set up a direct debit back in october and in nov the payment didnt come out so phoned them and advised them then made payment.

Since then, they keep telling me that the debit is set up but they still not taking the money. Back in Dec they told he other half they'd received money but now they've written to us both 2 ketters each at 25 quid a throw to say their records are wrong and we owe them !!

The other half lost job this week due to the crunch yet we need to pay so can keep the car!

Today the payment is due but they not taken nor have they set the debit up! geting bit sick keep calling them to tell hem and also getting these huge charges - any ideas ?

Get in touch with your bank and ask them to trace why car finance have not received the payments. Get them to check that the details provided to you are correct.

Also, write to car finance and ask them to verify the bank payment details. If they have provided incorrect details then point out their error to them and ask that they remove the charges.

You may wish to ask them politely if they will write off the charges as you are prepared to pay the overdue payments (presuming you can do this ).