Can you please tell me what the next stage is?

Bobbles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I wrote the initial letter to the bank asking for my statements/charges paying the £10. I received my statements, I added it all up and then sent the next letter requesting a refund. I then got a letter from them explaining that they are sorry that I am not happy but they think their charges are fair! Also that they are involved in legal proceedings with the Office of Fair Trading in relation to the bank charges. They said that I'll have to wait until a decision is made by the Courts. They pointed out that if I make a claim before a decision is made it will be postponed until a decision is made. But they will be in contact once it is resolved. I got this letter in November 2007, at the time I was suffering financial hardship but then I got a job and I've been extremely busy since with working and studying. My job contract has now ended and I finished my course so I thought I would continue with this case again. Within that letter they did refer to the fact that I was suffering financial hardship and that a person from the Customer Support Unit would be calling me to discuss this - they never did call me.

Could someone please tell me what I should do (if anything) now?:rolleyes:

Many thanks,

Bobbles:-)

Basically you have 2 choices:

1. Do nothing until the result of the OFT test case (at the moment expected late July)

2. File a claim at court. The advantage of doing this is it will protect any charges from 6 years ago from being statute barred and you will be entitled to claim 8% interest on your charges. However the claim will still be stayed until the OFT result. The disadvantage is that you will have to pay court fees now (unless you can claim exemption)

Very few claims have been heard, even where claimants have clearly demonstrated severe financial hardship

Hi, Bobbles.

Carry on with your claim, the quicker you get in the queue, the better.:)

Send your LBA.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

Remember, when it's time to file your claim, don't try to do it online with MCOL. You should file your claim at your local county court.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert