3 and HFO?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I had two mobile phone contacts with 3 in 2004 or 2005 and cancelled my contracts wih 28 days notice ending on 28th Dec, they then said that I hadnt given them notice and ended my contract on Jan 28th so I refused to pay the last months line rental on each in principle. Anyway long story short, the debts were passed to HFO services and for most of last year they have hassled me with letters and phone calls until I relented and ended up paying off the debts witha payment plan, one payment of £15.47, one of £15 and one of £28. Through various calls with HFO ( I could barely understand their reps) they kept giving me different amounts that I had left to pay and would send me no written confirmations of payment plans as I requested. The original debts were for £21 and £20 so Ive already paid over the odds but I just wanted them to go away. I thought it was all sorted as the final rep said my account ws clear so I asked for a letter stating this. None came but the calls stopped for a few weeks so I thought everything was ok. WRONG!!

In February they rang and were abusive again and said I still owed them 15.47, I told them I had spoken to someone who said my account was clear, but they just kept saying my account was outstanding. I argued til I was blue in the face but eventually he said if I paid £3.48 he would write it off as cleared. I told him I would not pay until he sent me an email stating this, which he then did, so I paid the £3.48.

I thought that was it but yesterday I got a letter from 3 saying 'thanks for your payment of £3.48 you still need to pay the outstanding £17' ???

The email from HFO states the same account number as the letter from 3 so why are they asking me for money again?? I dont know what to do next, I emailed the man at HFO who sent me the email, no reply and tried to email enquiries@hfoservices.com as stated in the contact us bit of HFOs website, but it was returned as undeliverable.

I've already paid a total of £59.00 for the original total debt of £41.95, what can I do?

Please help.

Hi Fleaboo and welcome to CAG :)

I wouldn't do anything at all until your hear from either 3 or HFO in writing and then we can take it from there. Don't speak to either of them on the 'phone and if they do call, insist on everything in writing only.

Make sure you keep copies of all correspondence and emails together.

Also, have read in the Telecoms Forum:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed/

Got to laugh, just had another look at their website and on the contacts page there are 2 maps one for the UK and one for their Indian call centre, which you can click on to get directions, so if you are in Delhi why not pay them a visit.

And they represent "A new Era in Distressed Debt Investment", now what the Flick does that mean?

I saw that site its laughable! The mail address doesnt even work.

I got a call from 3 today about the Formal Complaint I sent them last week. They said that there was an amount outstanding of £17.47 from an initial amount outstanding of £42, I said I understood this, and that my query was because HFO has had £63.00 from me in respect of my 3 debt of £42.00!!! He said he would look into it and get a reply from HFO within 48 hours (lmao, yeah ok then)and then call me back on Wednesday night between 6 and 8pm. I told him I wanted to have written confirmation of all e had talked about and he said that could be arranged.

So, the next thing will be with the reply from HFO if and when it comes. I did send the letter to 3 marked 'FORMAL COMPLAINT' and did demand a copy of their complaints procedure, how long should I wait for that?

I'll update my post once he has rang back on Wednesday (I took his full name). Thanks for all your help please keep it coming. xx

Should I send one of those thingys off to see HFOs contact and payment records on me? The name slips my mind at the minute!