Serious BT problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all my first post on here, could i have some thoughts on my situation.

The following is a brief history as to what has been happening since the end of November.

At the end of November I decided to change phone and broadband as i was fed up with BT's 'customer' service. I phoned BT for a MAC code and wait for 2hrs 56mins for someone to answer to give me a MAC code.

Due to technical problems at my local exchange my new ISP provider were unable to provide me with broadband so I had to switch back to BT.

On the 10 Jan I phoned BT up to get set up for phone and broadband. I offer my MAC code and I'm told i don't need it as I'm still on their records.

I phone again the following day just to check the MAC code situation and again I'm told they don't need it. I phoned just to check yet again the following day and again I'm told they don't need it.

Connection day comes, I get home from work no broadband I phoned and I'm told i need to wait until 8pm, 8pm comes and goes no broadband so I phone up again and speak to several people and I finally get to someone who can deal with it and guess what? 'Sorry sir we don't appear to have your MAC code'. I then gave it to them over the phone and had to wait 3 days for Internet connection.

On the 8 Feb my phone stopped working so phoned BT to see what's going on only to be told that the phone line order wasn't processed with the rest of the package so I have to wait 3 days and I'm also told there's no guarantee I'll still keep my old number and I'll have to pay a reconnection charge.

So on the 11 Feb my phone line is back on and my broadband dropped out, so I phoned BT again passed around the globe until i get hold of someone who can deal with it and I'm told that because a new order had to be put on for my phone BT's 'system' automatically closed down my broadband. I'm then told it'll be coming back on again on the 17th or 18th.

I'm now at the stage of being threatened with legal action to recoup a debt of £300 because I terminated my broadband contract on the 11th February, just to let you know I'm still on BT's phone and broadband package.

Every phone call made to BT is recorded, despite numerous requests for any e-mail, letter or phone to show that I have cancelled my broadband package I have received no answer.

Thanks on advance for any replies.

Every phone call made to BT is recorded, despite numerous requests for any e-mail, letter or phone to show that I have cancelled my broadband package I have received no answer.

I take it that means that you recorded them ?

I understand BT don't like committing themselves to paper as it always goes against them.

If it is you that has the phone recordings, I would detail all that has happened and include a transcript of the phone conversations and send it up high and not just customers services.

Also at the same time, ask for their complaints procedure form.

Send any mail recorded so you can keep track of it.

P.S. Why I say a 'transcript' is because if you didn't warn them you were recording, then you can only use those recording for your own purpose, but you can use transcripts.

I went through these hoops with BT late last year, prior to switching back to Virgin. It was taking me hours to get through to get the problems resolved. In the end, I phoned BT Corporate. (BT.com: Broadband Internet, mobile and fixed telecommunications products and service from BT for home and business) They resolved some of the problems very quickly but following other problems with the broadband I cancelled the order.

A week or so later I had a final bill turn up for £78. I phoned Corporate again and siad that I would not pay. 2 days later I recieved confirmation from that the the bill was written off, and an apology for the poor service.

I might be getting somewhere at last!!

I was reading elsewhere on this forum i found a thread where someone had e-mailed BT's CEO Ben Veerywyen (sp?) anyway i'd thought i'd give it a go and within the hour someone from his office contacted me:)

So hopefully i should have tis sorted out next week i'll post the results up here.