buchanon Clark and Wells and old T-mobile phone bill,

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can I juSt start with saying I absolutley HATE THEM!!! I wanna scream!!

I had a huge T-mobile phone bill, my stupid fault for using my phone whilst in Jamaica! Anyway they passed it to BCW and they have been hounding me for the money. So I went to the Citizens Advice and they told me it's all scare tactics, etc etc, helped me prep my fin statement with a letter, and they accepted my £7 a month.

Anyway last month I attempted to set up online payments through my bank (my account thats not in dispute by the way!), it didnt work and I completly forgot to pay it, I got a letter from them saying they're planning on visiting me and I need to call them to arrange a convenient time?? So when I did call the rude pig on the other end said he didnt really care that I didnt make last months payment, the full amount is due and I need to pay - £1,213.79 in the next 48 hours!!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE!!!

BCW are notorious for using scare tactics. Have a look around and find the template letter for doorstop visits. As you are probably not aware, under English common law you have the right to only accept or allow a postman and folks asking for directions onto your property. Find the letter, send it off to them, DO NOT talk to them on the telephone, send BCW the a letter also on here, asking to be only contacted in writing. Play harball with BCW...

BCW are notorious for using scare tactics. Have a look around and find the template letter for doorstop visits. As you are probably not aware, under English common law you have the right to only accept or allow a postman and folks asking for directions onto your property. Find the letter, send it off to them, DO NOT talk to them on the telephone, send BCW the a letter also on here, asking to be only contacted in writing. Play harball with BCW...

Cheers luv.

I just got an e-mail reply from the CAB and he basically also advised me to write to them and not to entertain them on the phone and explain that I made an error with last months payment, and that I will make March's payment with Aprils, and see what they say. Do you reckon I should add that a paragraph on them not being allowed into my property? wher can I find that letter by the way?

Can I juSt start with saying I absolutley HATE THEM!!! I wanna scream!!

I had a huge T-mobile phone bill, my stupid fault for using my phone whilst in Jamaica! Anyway they passed it to BCW and they have been hounding me for the money. So I went to the Citizens Advice and they told me it's all scare tactics, etc etc, helped me prep my fin statement with a letter, and they accepted my £7 a month.

Anyway last month I attempted to set up online payme - nts through my bank (my account thats not in dispute by the way!), it didnt work and I completly forgot to pay it, I got a letter from them saying they're planning on visiting me and I need to call them to arrange a convenient time?? So when I did call the rude pig on the other end said he didnt really care that I didnt make last months payment, the full amount is due and I need to pay - £1,213.79 in the next 48 hours!!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE!!!

I would personally tell the muppets that due to unforseen financial difficulties (the cost of things goings up for example) - it is with great regret that i am reducing my repayments down to £1 per month ;)

Hm, can't seem to find the template for sending to bcw regarding doorstep calls. Basically you have a legal right to withdraw your permission for them (BCW) or any other DCA to turn up on your doorstep without your permission. The letter states that under English Common Law, you withdraw that right legal right and do not wish to make any appointments for doorstep calls. Also, it states that they are breaking a Law of Tort, (I believe) and that (in the event they do turn up) you do not have to acknowledge them at all, in fact just give them the template. Also, tell the "doostep caller" that they are trespassing and if they don't leave, you will call the police and say there is likely to be a breach of the peace. Sorry I can't find it, it is on my memory stick at home, so can email it to you if you can't find it. Sorry cant be of more help.

Hi, There's Doorstep Calls info in here........

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Regards.

Scottt.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi,

You could edit this to suit and send it off to them?

Dear xxxx

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully/sincerely,

PV :-)

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

never been called "luv" before..lol as I am of the male gender!!..On lunch now so I'll have a look and try and post the link in this thread...the letter has all this included. I'll have a look and post it here for you...

LOL, it's funny I always just assume people I reply to are females, I dunno why!

Anyhow thanks for that advice I will wait and see if they are really goign to turn up at my door, as they sent a letter like this before and they never came anywhere - punks! sorry but they're really rude, I think out of all the debt collectors they must be the worst!

I would personally tell the muppets that due to unforseen financial difficulties (the cost of things goings up for example) - it is with great regret that i am reducing my repayments down to £1 per month ;)

LOL, i'm such a scardey cat I could never do that!!

Hi, There's Doorstep Calls info in here........

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Regards.

Scottt.

Thanks for this, I've printed it out and I'll have a read of it later with a cuppa and some biscuits, so next time I will be well and truly prepared and I wont have to rise to their bullying! If I had all of this knowledge earlier the prat I spoke to would've been dumbfounded, I suppose they're used to people that dont know their stuff so they just try and walk all over you.

Thanks to you too possvox, the letter's excellent! I'll be hanging onto that letter, i'm gonna wait and see if they accept my apology and reinstate my monthly payments, i'm gonna go down the nice road first!

Just read this Choco. I hate BCW too!!

Why are they so rude? They really think they're better than people, the whole joke is the call operators are probably in debt themselves, i mean who isn't!? They must train them on it, or maybe it's part of the person specification. I would love to get an insight into what their induction programmes are like. Do they give them handouts titled 'how to make the most of your arrogance' or 'how to project yourself - verbally!' :lol:

Nope, their 3 priorities are 1. To make you pay no matter what. 2.To make you pay under any circumastances and means. 3. Use immorral and illegal procedures. What they dont like is a member of the public who has researched the relevant information to substantiate their claims and to fight back....

LOL, i'm such a scardey cat I could never do that!!

Its not for the DCA to dictate how much you should pay & when.

You are the boss of them, not the other way round. :rolleyes:

The only place/organisation that has any power over the individual as far as a debt is concerned is the county court.

The DCA has as much right to get money off you as i do quite frankly.

If for example - £1 per month was all you could you afford to repay, then a county court would just order that amount anyway, so long as you could show were the rest of ur money was going (bills,clothes,food,travel etc..all classed as essentials that must be taken into account) - the DCA wont like it - but tough t!tties on them :)

Its not for the DCA to dictate how much you should pay & when.

You are the boss of them, not the other way round. :rolleyes:

The only place/organisation that has any power over the individual as far as a debt is concerned is the county court.

The DCA has as much right to get money off you as i do quite frankly.

If for example - £1 per month was all you could you afford to repay, then a county court would just order that amount anyway, so long as you could show were the rest of ur money was going (bills,clothes,food,travel etc..all classed as essentials that must be taken into account) - the DCA wont like it - but tough t!tties on them :)

Oh I see!! Does this rule also apply to housing benefit overpayments? Basically I was on benefit years ago and the Housing benefit people must've done some kind of audit and realised I never paid them back their money!Anyway I told them I couldn't afford to pay them the £36 a month they wanted and they're basically doing a BCW on me. I went CAB, he told me fight my corner and srick to my offer basically. But I'm also concerned with if they can chase me for this money now? This was probably around about 2003

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. Well since I posted the last time I sent a letter to BCW stating my apologies for missing a payment etc etc, and I told them I would be sending them 2 months worth, whuch was £14. Anyway I sent this payment to them on around the 6/7 May. I went on holiday and I came back yesterday and opened a letter form them dated the 5 May saying despite repeated requests for payment it's stil overdue so documents can be prepared for a claim in my local court.

They also wrote that they can send an application to my employer for an attachment of my earnings - can they do that?

And an officer of the court can seize my assets - can they do that??

My question is should I even bother replying to them as it they clearly sent this letter prior to my payment, but not only that they never even bothered to reply to my letter, so should i write back to them referring to that and my payment???

Hey mate dont worry about it, they cant do a thing to you, they are just petty little threats they are making if I was you I would now report them to the Office of Fair Trading the Financial Services Authority The Financial Ombudsman the CSA and of course I would also report them to The Law Society because debt collectors try evry single trick in the book and I have learned to fight back, if they are treating you this way I would stop paying them all together and say that the debt is in dispute and if it gets to another threat letter write and ask them for a cca request to see if they have a true copy of the original agreement if they dont then hey guess what, you dont have to pay them anything because they dont have the proof that you owe it them, if you wanna see what's been going on for me over the last few days check it out.