CreditCard charges & default

Henry01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just got my statements and they owe me £126 in charges. Also this credit card defaulted.

I would like my £126 back and also the default removed.

Whats the best way to get this?

Next step to take?

Hi henry

You need to send them a preliminary letter claiming the changes and asking for default to be removed - there is a template letter in the banks templates library linked from the first page of the forum.

Before you send that though, read the FAQs and a few threads so that you begin to understand the process.

Keep us in formed about what you are doing and there will always be people here to help.

Getting the charges is fairly straightforward. However you will only get the default removed if the charges are more than 50% of the defaulted amount. If the default is for, say £500, and the charges only amount to £126, I wouldn't think there would be much chance of removal, to be honest.

• 1 month later...

Update: NatWest sent me junk statements with lots of missing info, so sent a letter demanding another set. Got them, now doing my SOC to send with my letter.

No doubt this will get knocked back with a reply at the last minute, Natwest seem to like wasting time!

Then I will send the LBA

Then N1 - does anyone have an example of Natwest N1 with default removal please?

Thanks!!

Edited by Henry01
typo