zhanzhibar vs Amex/AIC/Newman/ Brachers Solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

does anyone on the site know what is happening here with zhanzhibar's case? It has implications for quite a few people I think so it would be good to have some idea. Gone strangely silent for almost half a year now, hope Amex did not settle with him/her in the interest of hindering others with similar issues (although I hope it works out well for you zhanzibar, however it ends, obviously!)

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's funny. I was checking this thread only yesterday to see if there had been an update.

Obviously we want the best possible result for Zhan, but it would be nice to know what had happened. Zhan hasn't posted at all on the site since last October, so maybe they have left the forum.

DD

I wondered if Zhan got a stay until after Brandon.

By the way, do you know if anyone who has a case which they have lost against Amex/Mishcon will be able to go back to Court to appeal if (hopefully) Brandon wins? I don't know enough about the legalities.

DD

Hmm not too sure myself on that DD, reason being an appeal can only be on something procedural as its on the evidence of the day inst it?

S.

Well, that is the norm certainly, but people do appeal these days against all sorts of judgments in all areas of law. I expect there would be a time limit, but if, for example, the supreme court rule in favour of Brandon based on overturning some points of law/procedure/Regulations/whatever which MdR has managed to get through at the lower court but the Supreme Court reject, then I am wondering if it would be possible to go back against Amex?

The Amex forum doesn't seem to be as busy as it was. Do you think Mishcons are holding back until after Brandon?

The Amex forum doesn't seem to be as busy as it was. Do you think Mishcons are holding back until after Brandon?

Hmm it would be very unusual for them even to care to be honest... it could just be due to the small amount of actual amex credit cards there are out there as opposed to the normal charge card.

When I found the forum in 2008 there were dozens of Amex threads. I was trying to find an application form exactly like mine and it took me months, so I went on loads of them. Mysteriously a lot of those threads just stopped dead in Spring and Summer last year, and a lot of them hadn't even gone as far as Zhan's and the other one, so I'm assuming either they settled, or Amex have not been hounding them, and neither have DCAs on behalf of Amex.

When I found CAG in late 2008 there were loads of people with Amex threads because I was hunting for an application form just like mine and I went on dozens of them before I got it. Most of those have been quiet for months. Some of them were on the site all the time, about other cards as well as Amex and, like Zhan, just disappeared in the middle of their battles with Amex. I can understand that if they went wrong and had a bad outcome, but some of the threads hadn't even gone as far as Zhan's. I really do think they are much quieter than they used to be.