expiry date and the law

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, i was wondering if anyone knew, or could point to a web resource (i can't find anything on the consumer direct site), about expiry dates and the law.

essentially, i had some vouchers for a hot air balloon flight but we had to cancel (within their 72 hr period) b/c my partner got rushed to hospital with appendicitis.

i had an email from the company confirming that it was fine to postpone the flights.

i've been very busy since (and plus, they do not operate over the winter) and so i'm only now getting around to rebooking. at first they told me no, b/c my tickets had been cancelled, b/c i had taken too long to rebook. but, in the email confirming my postponement, there is NO expiry date listed, nor any kind of stipulation stating that i must contact for a rebook before a certain date.

then they agreed to reopen the tickets provided we sent in a copy of a medical note proving he was in hospital, and i did, despite the fact i consider this an invasion of our privacy. anyway, now they state that i must book before may 4th or the tickets will be recancelled. this is no good for either of us as we have exams and essays to do (it's my final year) and when i sent into the medical note, i said i wanted to go after may 16th, but clearly they decided to ignore that.

so - i was wondering if this is legal? can a ticket have an expiry date if that is not communicated to the customer?

I'm not sure about the answer to your question, but a few years ago my wife came across some '10% off next purchase' vouchers from H Samuels the jeweller that were given to us when we got engaged.

I think Queen Victoria was still on the throne then :). They had no expirey date and were accepted by H Samuels without question.

They did joke about how old they were