style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter moved into a house around about a year ago. The house has a water meter, her previous home did not.

Since being in the new house she has had one strange estimate after another, each time she queries it but it all seems up in the air.

there are two of them in the property, out at work all day, use the shower, have a dishwasher, washing machine on every other day, do not have a lawn to water (all paved/decked).

Neighbours with two youngish children have a much lower bill of about 20pounds a month. Dont know the exact figures bc I cant remember what i was told (age).

My daughters bill has been estimated anywhere up to 90quids a month!!

Now the water ppl have said there could be a problem with the pipes/meter but to check it out will cost my daughter £70 and if they cant find a fault she will have to pay it plus the £90 monthly charge.

The water ppl have "dont worry it will be sorted out, that is far too much water for two ppl".

How can she get this sorted out without costing a fortune? What happens if the pipes are not at fault but there is a problem with (for example) the meter or possibly someone else interfering with it (dont know if that kind of thing canhappen).

The best way to check is to take a reading before and after a period of time of not using any water to see how far the meter has gone on.

With most disputes arising over the accuracy of meter readings the company concerned make a charge to send the meter off to be calibrated, the same system of complaints, is I think, used by all the utilities.

http://www.nwml.gov.uk/Docs/Meter%20Accuracy%20and%20Billing%20Disputes.pdf[/url]

otherwise it may be worth while to contact The Consumer Council for Water

Consumer Council for Water : Consumer Council for Water

Capitalism is the legitimate racket

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

Main Man

I will get her to check with the website you have mentioned and see if we can get it sorted.

It is just a shame they dont rush out in their vans and attach a meter when there is a leak somewhere and then accumulate all the leaks from all over country, then add it all up over the year and knock it off our bills. It would amount to a penny each household (or would it) but it would be interesting to see how many litres of wasted water they are responsible for. Or even better take it out of the fat cat bonuses each year. Probably endup costing us all a bit more that way thoug.

Sorry to go off the point a bit there, dont know where that came from!

• 1 month later...

Hi, we are with Anglian. We paid £120 this month off our water bill. Some of this is from our previous address. We have been here since dec 06. I called anglian as we had a threatogram in the letterbox and it stated that they will call again. I called them and explained and the person on the other end was very aggressive, I asked about the payments we had made and why this bill wasnt coming down, anyway, conversation went on, threatened with DCA's, I said threaten all you like as this is being recorded and alos should they turn up and we live off the road, they will be trespassing as they havent got my permission to come onto my property, and besides, my 2 doggies wouldnt like strangers walking onto their territory!

Was asked all sorts, can I read, can i tell if the phone is working as they have accused us of being in denial. After 3 years in our previous address, they read the meter ONCE. In the time they have been here, no one has read the meter to my knowledge.

We are being sent another payment book as the previous plan of £60 a month was cancelled. We really can't afford £120 a month to pay this off, I would like some help on where to go from here as they are really aggressive and am thinking of complaining regarding their telephone manners and attitude...or lack of.

Thanken you....

Chasin'