Why Freeze A Bank Account For 45 Days?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

A friend of mine has got into some financial difficulty,which is their fault and pretty sticky. I suspect what they did was pay off debts in the their bankacount, but don't know.

This person claims that their bank account has been frozen for 45 days, with no reason given. They cannot check their balance or provide any info. As I said, I suspect that they are in pretty deep.

Why would a bank freeze someones account for 45 days, tell them this but give no reason why. What could the reason be, or am I been given the runaround ?

It could be they bank suspects money laundering. If so they have to report it on pain of up to 14 years imprisonment.

Also as ridiculous as it sounds they cannot move any funds or tell the subject what they have done & if they did tell the subject they commit another offence known as 'tipping off'

Although I hate banks I have to say that if I'm correct then the bank is between a rock & a hard place

He claims to have rung and they have not told him the reason, other than after 45 days it will all be fine. He claims they owe him 400 in the account, which I doubt, and he believes (I think niavly) that they will unfreeze his account and pay it back.

I think he is either niave or hiding something .

Hiya, he has called the bank today next to me, and they said that they suspended his account due to repeated transactions bouncing - so they decieded to freeze his account for 45 days,until early may ?

Is this even legal for the bank to do off their own back, without somthing like a bankruptcy order or police investigation. Or does this mean someone outside the bank authorised the freeze ?

Apparently they told him on the phone they will pay him the balance in the account of 400 once the freeze has finished in may. I think I am being lied to as this guy was paying a serious amount of chargese (or should have been) due to some ill advised stuff.

Alliance and Leicster have said that this doesn't amke any sense to them unless there are very unsual circumstance. Apparently they don't freeze accounts without good reason or they would get sued. They think it might be that this guys account is undergoing forced closure. If this is the cas then he will have no money returned to him and he is lying.

Does anyone know of any good reason why an account would be frozen for 45 days - would they really do it to prevent excessive bankcharges due to payments this guy has been making bouncing ???

Surely everything isnt going to be fine at the start of May when he claims that the account will be unfrozen ?? Really feel I am being lied to, by him .

ahhhhh there youhave it, is he a close friend of yours? because it sounds like he is trying to [problem] you, (I know I am a cynical bugger!)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

ahhhhh there youhave it, is he a close friend of yours? because it sounds like he is trying to [problem] you, (I know I am a cynical bugger!)

:( my thoughts too after the last post

honey x

Hi ghands

Are you any further forward? Can you go into the bank with your "friend".

As a means of getting more info, try a google on UK, for freeze bank account. That will give you, hopefully, some further info.

Good luck with this I can appreciate your concern.