style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently living in a shared house with four other people, the tenancy is about to lapse and we are moving out.

Towards the beginning of the tenancy there was a serious damp problem in the basement, where two of the bedrooms were located, due to a faulty shower unit. Long story short, the guys living in the basement had to move out for about 3 months and were given a seperate house from us miles away as alternative acommodation.

We complained and claimed that they were entitled to a refund of rent for that period. They said under the terms of our contract they were only obligated to provide alternative acommodationin this instance, an obligation that they had fufilled. Surely they did not provde the service for which we had signed, they signed to live in that house and not the other one. If there is something that they could put into the contract to get round this, what should I lookd for to ensure that it is there.

On a seperate issue they have been charging me £50.00 every time I pay my rent because I am not paying by direct debit, but over the phone each month instead. How would I go about claiming these back? Is there an existing thread I could look towards covering this other issue?

Thanks again for all the help guys

Think the rent refund is a non-starter to be honest, but I would do the LBA followed by small claims court action for the £50 charges for not paying by DD.

Halifax plc

LBA sent 11/01/06

Rec'd fob off letter 21/01/06

Last ditch attempt phone call to avoid court action 07/04/06

Reply rec'd 07/04/06 'On this occasion we are unable to help you'

Claim filed 19/04/06

Claim acknowledged 28/04/06

SETTLED IN FULL 11/05/06